Rough Country 5" Lift for 4CAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a '20 with 4CAS. BDS has yet to come out with their 3.5 (to 4") lift so I finally broke down and ordered the RC 5" kit as I am sick and tired of the rubbing I get even with a 1-3/4" front lift (via link adjustment).

5" is more than I want, and I expect to dial it back a bit (via adjustable links), maybe an inch or so. I THINK it will fit in my garage as is, but it will probably be close. And I am actually very happy with the existing look (+1-3/4" in the front. stock rear) with my General Grabber ATX 35x12.50 on my stock 20" wheels and 10mm spacers.

Any advice?

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only you can decide what you want so far as advice or an opinion on what, getting rid of the rub, dialing down the lift or trimming the garage door opening.?

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
"Can't" (well, can, but not feasible) trim the garage door opening.

Ordered it and will make whatever adjustments are necessary and/or desired after installation. It gets parked in the barn during the summer so no clearance problems there. But once the cold weather really sets in I will move the Porsche to the barn for its winter sleep and put the truck back in the attached garage.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

I contacted them because it only showed 2019. They said that FCA changed one of the front end components from '19 - '20 and they had to re-engineer their kit. Not sure if that's actually true. Seems more likely that they just hadn't gotten around to verifying fitment. But I'm not going to buy a kit that specifically excludes my particular model.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I contacted them because it only showed 2019. They said that FCA changed one of the front end components from '19 - '20 and they had to re-engineer their kit. Not sure if that's actually true. Seems more likely that they just hadn't gotten around to verifying fitment. But I'm not going to buy a kit that specifically excludes my particular model.

Yea I completely understand. Was just curious.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update, all these months later.

Took a long time to get the kit. Then I didn't have time to install it. My regular mechanic (who happens to be my brother-in-law) didn't want to tackle it because of the air suspension component. Finally got another shop to do it.

Truck looks great. Sorry - no pics yet, will get some. BUT, based on the BDS 3.5" kit which says it will accommodate 35x12.50 on stock wheels, I was assuming I could lower the truck roughly an inch and then run in Aero mode. Nope. Full "stock" height in Aero mode rubs ONLY ON THE RIGHT side. I have to think it's RAM manufacturing tolerances, as the truck has been aligned, and rides/drives like stock.

The only thing I can think is that I do have 1/2" spacers to allow clearance for the 12.5s. Maybe that pushes the tire into the rear inner fender liner. I will try the trick I read elsewhere of using a heat gun to soften the plastic and see if I can re-shape it to allow a bit more clearance.