Rough Country Forged Aluminum Upper Control Arms 12-18 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they any good? Was doing my front brakes yesterday noticed passenger side ball joint rubber cracked leaking grease so time to replace both. Instead of going stock figured might as well go better than since I just like to do things once if possible. I ordered on Amazon will be here tomorrow for the easy job just wanted to get your guys opinions on them and durability. BTW no lift just stock ride height.

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welp. The set I held in my hands seemed real well made. They were on the way on to my Ram that's leveled. However my lift kit became available and thus couldn't use them with the lift once I install it. So I sent them back this week. PS that pair should be discounted on Amazon in the new couple weeks.

Anywho.. Since I've a lift that compensates for and is designed for stock components, I ordered the set of RC control arms that are stock replacements. Just a impressive as the other set.

Pro's;
Forged aluminum control arm, saves un-sprung weight.
Longevity of the company. I'd wager they'll be around after others fold.
Easy to acquire and readily available MOOG ball joints. Future replacement.

Con's;
RC

How good will they actually be? Only time will tell.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re stock try mevotech or go back with oem. Mevotech being a cheaper option that quite a few people have good luck with.

OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you’re stock try mevotech or go back with oem. Mevotech being a cheaper option that quite a few people have good luck with.
Yeah the RC pair I ordered off Amazon was actually only for a 3" lift. Had to cancel and actually ordered the Mevotech just like you said. Thank you.

OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So glad I have a close by local summit racing around. They were the only ones that had a mevotech in stock. I really wanted to get the job done yesterday as the OE boot had been tore for most likely sometime and was dry of any grease. Amazon's would not be here till Saturday.

So I got the UCA and some grease with a grease gun. Had heard most of the time they come with very little grease already in them. Sure enough that was the case so I was able to fill with some redline (CV-2EP) grease. Really makes me wonder if the very few that have had issues just went with the stock grease fill. Anyway I was able to get the job done in about 30 minutes. Is really an easy job especially having power tools help. Now just need to get alignment done.

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So glad I have a close by local summit racing around. They were the only ones that had a mevotech in stock. I really wanted to get the job done yesterday as the OE boot had been tore for most likely sometime and was dry of any grease. Amazon's would not be here till Saturday.

So I got the UCA and some grease with a grease gun. Had heard most of the time they come with very little grease already in them. Sure enough that was the case so I was able to fill with some redline (CV-2EP) grease. Really makes me wonder if the very few that have had issues just went with the stock grease fill. Anyway I was able to get the job done in about 30 minutes. Is really an easy job especially having power tools help. Now just need to get alignment done.
That may very well be the case (just going with stock grease fill). My local suspension shop that has a good rep said they have no issues with the RC UCAs, but they will wear out fast if not greased well on install and re-greased at every oil change. They've seen destroyed ball joints at ~6k miles... but all he said was "keep 'em greased" so I think that's the real issue.