Royal Purple HMX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alans145

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone,

I am reading everyone’s posts about Lubegard Biotech and how many people have had success with it, making their engines quieter and running smoother. I currently have a 2014 Ram 1500 with 170k miles. I am using Royal Purple HMX and a Mopar 899 filter. I am wondering if my engine will benefit from adding some Lubegard based on what I currently have, or will it do more damage?

Thank you all in advance.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Find the synthetic oil thread for this type of post, I see you are new welcome to the forum. Biotech is a moly additive but also esters and some other goodies. If you look at your voa eventhough you have a very hearty moly level there is some evidence these hemi's can benefit from more moly somewhere over 200ppm moly and perhaps under 500ppm moly. Much higher you can see copper wear increasing and risk out weighs benefit. We don't know the ester level of hmx, and biotech is an ester product, and mixing esters is gonna be some risk. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, but I'd want to know more info. Is the hemi ticking on hmx?

You can learn about uoa's and voa's, your oil choice is a very well built oil additive wise, see voa.