Running 1/0 wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone do multiple 1/0 runs of wire to the back ? I have one in my factory grommet area right now I'd like to add a few more and would like to know how you did it.

Thank you

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need multiple 1/0 runs? Wow. What's the plan!?!

Usually one run of 1/0 ran to a fused distro block and then from there out to your loads is sufficient. I was able to run two 1/0 sized wires down ( 1 - 1/0 wire and 1 - speedwire bundle w/ three added conductors ) the drivers side to the back.

Consideration could be made for running them under the truck to the back if you keep them tucked and tidy. That's how I'd do multiple 1/0 hots personally.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Anyone do multiple 1/0 runs of wire to the back ? I have one in my factory grommet area right now I'd like to add a few more and would like to know how you did it.

Thank you

My battery is relocated to the back pass corner of my box,and i ran my cables under the truck. I covered the cables in cheap split loom covering ,then wrapped them in black tape for a little more cable protection then used tie wraps and adell clamps (rubber insulated clamps) to hold them in place where they needed supporting,but i got away with running them inside the frame for the majority of the runs.You'll need lots of patience and stiff tie wire to fish the cables through the frame though.No pic's of the cable runs though,and i'm not gonna lay under the truck to get you some,as it's about 20F here,lol.But you can see the relocated battery in this one.I also ran all the electrical and fuel lines for my stand alone fuel cell up in the front corner of the box roughly the same way,under the truck

IMG_3950.JPG

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, running a sound system, right now I've got 3 amps on the back wall, but I'll be upgrading later.

Taking out the seat tub under seats and having a fibreglass sub box made along with 1.5" seat lift put in.

I got two batteries under the hood, and don't really want to put one in the bed of my truck, nor run power outside the truck.

I'm gonna do a few grounds to the frame in the back, I currently have my 1/0 Going through factory grommet thing in driverside front, I'm thinking of just making that hole bigger maybe

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's also similiar plastic plugs under the carpet on the floor that you could also utilize.My nitrous bottle is behind the seat in my regular cab,and i ran the nitrous line through a plug in the floor,and used rubber insulated clamps to attach it to the floor on the bottom side of the cab.
Box was around 500 or something I think when I bought it, I'm Canadian, maybe a few bucks more

Are these plugs in the front or back ? If its.kn the back that's nice I'll use it for my ground'

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Box was around 500 or something I think when I bought it, I'm Canadian, maybe a few bucks more

Are these plugs in the front or back ? If its.kn the back that's nice I'll use it for my ground'

You'll have to crawl underneath and look,as my trucks a regular cab,but there should be a couple body plugs that are very similiar to the clutch cover plug you're using now,that should be in the vinicinty of where your sub box is,and you could use to run wiring through.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll have to crawl underneath and look,as my trucks a regular cab,but there should be a couple body plugs that are very similiar to the clutch cover plug you're using now,that should be in the vinicinty of where your sub box is,and you could use to run wiring through.
Gotcha! That's most likely what I will use then when I take the carpet up, appreciate it.

I'm waiting to find someone who is gonna make me custom box moulded to floor..couple contenders but not in my area so it's tough

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Gotcha! That's most likely what I will use then when I take the carpet up, appreciate it.

I'm waiting to find someone who is gonna make me custom box moulded to floor..couple contenders but not in my area so it's tough
There's a good amount of room once seats lifted. Here is a few photos of mine, have 2 infinity 1200w subs. Box fiberglass, been running this setup(box) for around 2 years. I checked the lift for you and was just under 2 inches, may vary by vehicle. You can see in photo how large box is and fits perfect. Airspace is combined, right at 2 cf total. The infinity 1200w needs right around 1cf per sub. I wasn't going to get infinity subs, was going to do a single 12 and use all 2cf, but amazon had those infinity's for $85 last year, I ended up buying 4, still have 2 for another car. They say 500 watts rms each sub, but I'm running just over 1,500 watts @ 1 ohm rms and held up for over year playing at high volumes and deep bass.

IMG_20201102_012906.jpg

IMG_20201102_011704.jpg

IMG_20201102_012913.jpg

IMG_20201102_012920.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a good amount of room once seats lifted. Here is a few photos of mine, have 2 infinity 1200w subs. Box fiberglass, been running this setup(box) for around 2 years. I checked the lift for you and was just under 2 inches, may vary by vehicle. You can see in photo how large box is and fits perfect. Airspace is combined, right at 2 cf total. The infinity 1200w needs right around 1cf per sub. I wasn't going to get infinity subs, was going to do a single 12 and use all 2cf, but amazon had those infinity's for $85 last year, I ended up buying 4, still have 2 for another car. They say 500 watts rms each sub, but I'm running just over 1,500 watts @ 1 ohm rms and held up for over year playing at high volumes and deep bass.

View attachment 226303

View attachment 226304

View attachment 226305

View attachment 226306
Right on buddy, the box I have now a foxbox, is 1.55 cf per sub ported, I'm running 2 sundown 500 RMS each, it pounds, I just want more, you can buy seat spacers off net audio they are 1.5", yours looks like it may be a bit more though , or right close to there, I'll have to check when I do it, I'll use the spacers and add washers and see how it works

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I did measure mine, was just 1/16th less than 2 inches. I'm running a SoundQubed that they dyno tested on youtube that put out over 1,500 watts rms, but being sealed box, is more a sound quality setup, would probably rattle my teeth loose if ported. I got the fiberglass box basically for free on here, member who made it, basically gave it away if I paid shipping. Think was $15 plus shipping.