S&B CAI Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Just got my order from Moes! The S&B CAI came in today, and I had to install it! I am very satisfied. It has a nice growl like mentioned, and maybe it's just me, but there's a little more oomph. not much, but ever so slightly it seems. I am happy.

The hardest part of the install was the removal of the wheel cover, man those 3 plastic snap plugs sure are in there! Also, it was helpful to have a buddy help align & hold the intake tube to airbox and throttle body while tightening the clamps. Those rubber couplers are stubborn! The instructions, printed in color, were very good. Best I've seen as far as instructions.

The 87MM ported throttle body will be here Saturday. So that's next!

IMG_1136_zps57669d65.jpg

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
looks good. now try to keep your foot out of it to try to save some gas LOL

I use mine all the time lol

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome man, congrats!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Congrats ,wait to see when you instal the 87mm TB you ll be happier ,,

Last edited:

atmotocrosser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very clean install. I like the catch can too. I'm looking forward to see what you think about the TB :popcorn:.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just got my order from Moes! The S&B CAI came in today, and I had to install it! I am very satisfied. It has a nice growl like mentioned, and maybe it's just me, but there's a little more oomph. not much, but ever so slightly it seems. I am happy.

The hardest part of the install was the removal of the wheel cover, man those 3 plastic snap plugs sure are in there! Also, it was helpful to have a buddy help align & hold the intake tube to airbox and throttle body while tightening the clamps. Those rubber couplers are stubborn! The instructions, printed in color, were very good. Best I've seen as far as instructions.

IMG_1136_zps57669d65.jpg
Exactly my experience--the wheel liner removal was a ******, the plastic tabs were a pain to remove. Once installed however the butt dyno says good mod!

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
catch can

IMG_1136_zps57669d65.jpg
where did you get your catch can at?

OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Thanks yall! The throttle body should be here today. I'll let ya know when I get it installed later...(as soon as I get it) LOL

I got the Moroso can from summit, but had them price match Lightning Motorsports.

salvaje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree... the wheel liner was pretty rough.

I'm pretty new to installing this type of stuff, but after about 10 minutes of staring at how to mount the box I realized it just would not fit. Apparently my truck was built in October of 2012 and that month they decided to do something different with the AC lines. There's no way for me to install it.

So after mucking around with that wheel liner it made me pretty sad to have to put it back together without my new toy being installed. I hope you enjoy yours !

OP
OP
RamHemi5.7

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
ya know, my A/C lines were in the way a little bit as well. It states in the instructions for 2013 models that you may need to unbolt/ loosen the 2 a/c brackets, mount the new air box, and then button it back up. I tweaked my bracket ever so slightly and my buddy helped hold/push the bracket in place while i tightened the bolt. it really wasnt that bad...get a buddy to help ya with that one. it's much easier with 2 people. lol

salvaje

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ya know, my A/C lines were in the way a little bit as well. It states in the instructions for 2013 models that you may need to unbolt/ loosen the 2 a/c brackets, mount the new air box, and then button it back up. I tweaked my bracket ever so slightly and my buddy helped hold/push the bracket in place while i tightened the bolt. it really wasnt that bad...get a buddy to help ya with that one. it's much easier with 2 people. lol

It was months ago when I tried to do the install and I ended up calling S&B. They had me check the make information and said they were getting reports of this issue with trucks made the month mine was. They have me on a waiting list to get a new inlet adapter that will work with this model.

Here's a picture of what mine looks like... what do you think?

D3rY8VF

Obviously I dont know how to post pictures but here is the link: imgur: the simple image sharer

Last edited:

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks yall! The throttle body should be here today. I'll let ya know when I get it installed later...(as soon as I get it) LOL

I got the Moroso can from summit, but had them price match Lightning Motorsports.

Do you happen to have the part number from summit on that catch can by chance?

RAMeister

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mr

Do you happen to have the part number from summit on that catch can by chance?

I have the same Catch Can & CAI set-up except I also added the down tube on the S&B. It was a bit of a challenge and I had to reworked the catch can drain to a new drain tube into the fender well. However, it is actually much better and easier to drain now...
Here is the part number on my catch can.
morosocatchcan.jpg

Here is a copy of the install .pdf, for the catch can.