S&B installed!!!! Finally.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I got home from work excited to install my new S&B in my '13 Ram 5.7 HEMI. I got started around 5:45 and it took me 2 HOURS!! Here's a couple reasons: I have a crappy cheap tool set so the ratchet set does not crank back after tightening or loosening, the A/C line was in the way AND all the way forward so I had to bend it (which it was still in the way), this have me trouble bolting the air box to the frame from inside the box, and it got dark by the time I got the fender liner back in place so I had to hold a flashlight between my shoulder and neck for everything else. Made me frustrated, but after starting it up and giving a little rev I am pleased with the sound. Looking forward to flying down the road and see what it does. To end this I'd like to find out how long it took y'all to install the S&B. If you could also add your mechanical ability and if youve install a CAI before. I'm just curious if I'm the only one that had that much trouble.

Edit: I didn't get a picture done after install since it was dark, so I took one today. I'm very happy with how the shifting pouts seem to come a little sooner and smoother. And the acceleration from rolling speeds is awesome!

A5D20260-2E8E-45CB-8C9A-50A8636D521E-2553-0000020566C261CC_zps9ec9d462.jpg

Last edited:

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I installed mine yesterday. I have a tool addiction and consider myself moderately mechanically inclined and it took me a little over an hour. I had to remove the wheel well liner a second time because I forgot to tighten the frame bolt and I'm **** about stuff like then hose clamps and all four had to be positioned just right. Overall it went pretty smooth and S&B did a nice job with the directions.

I forked around installing the BT Catch Can today for over an hour. I wish they'd include better photos but I got it done.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice no personal experience with the S&B install but my K&N took 40 minutes but I had 2 buddies helping who had done it before.

ob1sw4n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look, it doesn't really matter how long it took to install it, some times I like to take my time even if it means taking 2x-4x longer then normal people do as long as I am making sure I am doing it RIGHT the first time, everything is good.

Enjoy your new S&B CAI, I know I do all the time!

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!! I bet it took me about 2 hours as well, tking my time (I'm an instruction reader) as well I have the scoop.
I've installed a few CAIs on a few vehicles, and can say the fit & finish is the best I've seen.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look, it doesn't really matter how long it took to install it, some times I like to take my time even if it means taking 2x-4x longer then normal people do as long as I am making sure I am doing it RIGHT the first time, everything is good.

Enjoy your new S&B CAI, I know I do all the time!

That's a bad ass looking truck there Dude!! :rockit:

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Awesome. I love mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The intake looks great. Well done.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks great. Wish I had the funds.... just going to upgrade the air filter for now.

daviddup78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
took me about a hour and a half to install my S&B
i did it in the hot Louisiana sun so took me some water breaks
i had to remove my fenderflares and then the liner
catch can took me like 10 mins to install