Same LED bulbs for high & low beams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I got some of those AlphaRex headlight housings from ModifyStreet and planned to put Hikari LEDs in them. Of course, after disassembling them again, I see that I shouldn't have ordered bulbs to fit the stock H11 & 9005 plugs, but that these housings takes a H7 bulb for both high and low beams... So does that mean I will run the same bulb for both duties- high and low?

Thanks in advance!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes the Highs and Lows in the Modifystreet/Alpharex headlights are both H7 bulbs(dual projector). You might be able to find adapters for the LEDs you have but it will be easier to order the correct base LED.

OP
OP
F

FamilyRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Yes the Highs and Lows in the Modifystreet/Alpharex headlights are both H7 bulbs(dual projector). You might be able to find adapters for the LEDs you have but it will be easier to order the correct base LED.
Thanks. So... Probably a dumb question, but what makes the 'brights" bright if they're the same bulbs? Is it the style of the projector lens? Or...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Probably a dumb question, but what makes the 'brights" bright if they're the same bulbs? Is it the style of the projector lens?
You have that correct, the high beams do not have the cut-off shield in them like the low beams.