Savini wheels - awful quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Savini wheels - awful quality

I bought Savini forged wheels for my Ram 1500 2013 - SV 50 Savini, in 2 (!) months of usage the crome went off! Each wheel costs 1200 USD + shipping to Russia. Chinese wheels I used to have on another car (chrome) were ok for 4 years in the same conditions.

When I first saw Savini wheels here in Russia I noticed little imperfections on chrome surface, Savini guys assuared me that I'll be fine:

I think you should be ok.. However the wheel does come with a 1 year warranty to cover any kind of defects

Now they do not want to make another pack of wheels for me, only paint them for me, and I have to pay for shipping back and forth - it costs a lot!!!! as I am in Russia. and what is more they sent wrong nuts (from ford), broken central cap, and made them for twice longer than promised!!

So, if you want to save your money NEVER buy Savini forged wheels!!!

sav_wh_3.jpg

sav_wh_4.jpg

sav_wh_1.jpg

sav_wh_2.jpg

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Ouch. If you can, return them, post those on their Facebook, etc...but I bet your harsh winters killed them :(

OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch. If you can, return them, post those on their Facebook, etc...but I bet your harsh winters killed them :(

Thanks! It is too expensive to send them back, then here to Russia again, + half price!! I guess it is not winter, as I put them on in late february, it was already warm!! They were imperfect when I got them!

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you actually spent over $4800 on these and they came imperfect and now they're in this state, I'd definitely be doing what Graygoose said.

Raise a stink, post on all their social media. Send some emails. They should definitely be sending you a brand new set, no charge, no shipping out of your pocket.

OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DohCanadian, Savini last proposal was to make a brand new set of wheels whith 40% discount + I pay for shipping :) I can't believe that, I think I will make a web site with the whole story...

It was $4800 + shipping + customs clearance 6500 USD I guess!!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
DohCanadian, Savini last proposal was to make a brand new set of wheels whith 40% discount + I pay for shipping :) I can't believe that, I think I will make a web site with the whole story...

It was $4800 + shipping + customs clearance 6500 USD I guess!!

:puke:

OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Raise a stink, post on all their social media. Send some emails. They should definitely be sending you a brand new set, no charge, no shipping out of your pocket.

What do you guys think is the best way to raise a stink about Savini wheels? Website would be fine?

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Disgusting!

I'd question if the rims are even forged steel as well. Im assuming steel as one wouldn't chrome aluminum. Those gotta be kinda heavy, not?

Improper chroming techniques it seems. I would expect a warranty as well. But they are going to try to F*ck you by the sounds of it.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
$6500 for a set of rims?! :jawdrop: I hope they at least came with an extra large jug of lube!

I work in Russia and this guy probably has one of the VERY FEW RAMS in Russia, (I've seen 3, and two were oilfield service trucks). EVERYTHING having to do with automobiles is very expensive there, especially after taxes and duties. It's just the cost of having imported nice things there.

OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I work in Russia and this guy probably has one of the VERY FEW RAMS in Russia, (I've seen 3, and two were oilfield service trucks). EVERYTHING having to do with automobiles is very expensive there, especially after taxes and duties. It's just the cost of having imported nice things there.

right! really expensive

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Interesting that the chrome is peeling at the valve stems in all the pics. Is this the only location?

Any strange chemicals in the tires?

Not that I'm accusing you of anything. But it would be good to have an answer if they ask the same question...

OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Road King, no, chrome is damaged everywhere, almost bare wheels now, that photos were made 2 months ago...

The last proposal from savini was to make me a brand new set of wheels with 40% discount, and I have to pay for the shipping myself!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyler76

Tyler76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Road King, I've tried - but they have premoderation, so they won't allow to do that

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I have a set of Savini wheels too but I'm pretty sure mine will never see the harsh environment of Russia. I bought mine used so they aren't perfect but no chrome peeling.

I've talked to the owner of Savini a few times, to get some new bolts and questions about other rims they sell. Seemed like a nice guy.

But those look pretty bad, chrome it pretty durable so I wonder why they would do that.?