Saying goodbye to my 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We'll see how happy I am on Saturday when I pick it up. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna enjoy it. I bought this one out in Gonzales.
Benny Boyd? lol

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Well, at least you stayed onboard with a RAM truck and I'm hoping that you find much satisfaction with your new truck ... man, that's a nice looking machine.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrat's on the new truck ... My son finally left the Ford family and picked up his new 2022 Rebel 6 days ago ...

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad that you got something which hopefully won't be cursed but I am unable to believe that you had such ongoing trouble with one corner's suspension like that. It's simply not that complicated or unique, and there are hundreds of thousands of these trucks out there for over a decade not having that kind of problem. Sure you aren't slamming it into a curb every time you drive into your work parking lot or something?

It is also possible that there is a dealer curse on this situation OP is in. My Dad bought a used GMC Sierra from a local brand name (GM) dealership, and whenever there were issues with it, brought it to the same dealer (due to warranty at the time), and they (the repair department) seemed clueless more often than not as to how to fix the problems that showed up.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Congrats! Beautiful 2500. I love white vehicles and white 2500s in particular. Sorry you had issues, but my 17 2500 has been nearly trouble free for 5 plus years now. This is my favorite truck of all I've ever owned. It will be harder on fuel than your 1500, but I dont care about that.

So long as I can manage it, I'll have 2500s or 3500s going forward. Good luck.