SD card for 2014 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi

Have a question for the members on the board. My entertainment center (radio to us old folks) uses USB, SD card and satellite but no CD player (of which I have hundreds - bummer).

I have been using an 16GB SD card for playing music (800+ songs) for several years and it may be going south. It used to show all the songs/tracks by title but now all it will show is something like "Audio 5, Audio 10, etc". When looking at the files on the PC they all show the title of the song just like I copied them years ago. Also when playing a song sometimes the volume of music drops to the point you can hardly hear then returns to the normal volume. Weird!

Thinking I needed a new card, went to Walmart and they were no help at all. That was not unexpected!

To those of you that use an SD card, what is a very good card to use in the RAM? I also use the USB but would rather use the card.

Thanks

Wayne
2014 RAM CC Longhorn

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My favorite, Go To, SD cards are SanDisk units. They are reasonably priced and I usually never have a problem with them. Check your manual but I think your SD card slot can handle 64GB sized cards as long as they are initially formatted correctly.

You just have to make sure when you get them to format them in FAT32 to work in your media center.

Not sure why your metadata for the music tracks is missing but here's a few things I've learned about using the SD card & preserving metadata:

1. Format card in FAT32
2. Insure your digital files are formatted as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) or M4A (Apple).
3. Check your digital file metadata through your PC. Just right click the file and click on Properties. Album name, artist name, track #, file codec, album art, etc...should all be present.
4. I've had better file performance & metadata transfer by dropping and dragging or copying & pasting individual files vs. folders. The system seems to not like folders and mine always skipped over some.

I currently use a 128GB SanDisk USB drive and it's been going strong since 2015.

Big Dawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
We buy a lot of the SanDisk SD cards for things at work. We use them for everything from cameras to storing data. I recommend them also.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45