sea foam ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used seafoam in my truck today in the vacuum line and fuel tank. now my question for those that have done it.. Now when i poured it in the vacuum line I was able to stall it pretty easy after 1/3 of the bottle like the directions say. let it sit for 10min and started it back up and held at 2k rpm's .. No smoke, is that a problem?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
no problem , means your **** is clean ... in other words your up keep on your rig is awesome

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I did it to my truck it looked like an army of diesels all putting the pedal to the metal

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You were prob pretty clean already. Staying ontop of oil changes and using good fuel will get you a long ways with these trucks.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
You were prob pretty clean already. Staying ontop of oil changes and using good fuel will get you a long ways with these trucks.

X2...keeping it tuned up so the fuel mixture doesnt do wacky things to make it run rich too.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am about to do this on mine, you should have had some sort of amount of smoke...

Did you pour it in the vacuum line or did you let the vacuum line suck it in while you dripped the sea foam in? This is the proper way. The smoke coming out of your truck is all the carbon and stuff in your truck. Maybe yours was clean...

OP
OP
D

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when I was pouring it in vacuum line I didnt need to tilt it much, it was sucking it in just fine. when the motor was starting to sound like it was bout to stall i poured faster like shown on some youtube vids. At start up the truck hestiated but turned over quickly and no smoke, some exhaust vapors from the air temp but thats all.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Gentlemen, I know Seafoam has a great following, but it is not possible to pour any product into your engine and have it do anything from a single can in 10 minutes. If a substance was actually strong enough to affect any buildup in such a diluted state it couldn't be openly sold to the public. IMO, it's nothing more than snake oil designed to separate you from your money quicker than the carbon buildup from your engine. Another myth from back in the day was to pour water into the intake with the engine running. The idea was that the water was converted to steam and would remove carbon buildup from the piston tops and rings. Never fully promoted as water was hard to sell. Now the water has been replaced by a magic formula. I recommend doing proper maintenance and save your money for mods and gas. Good luck.....

onebadbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not saying your wrong but i have you ever worked on a dormant weed wacker or old ass lawn mower maybe even a generator thats been running like ****

dumped that **** in there and for some reason they start to idle smooth i have done more then 15 times to items dormant for 10 + years

your suppose to let it sit for awhile longer 10 minutes dont do it justice

i let my **** sit for an hour or so

OP
OP
D

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not saying your wrong but i have you ever worked on a dormant weed wacker or old ass lawn mower maybe even a generator thats been running like ****

dumped that **** in there and for some reason they start to idle smooth i have done more then 15 times to items dormant for 10 + years

your suppose to let it sit for awhile longer 10 minutes dont do it justice

i let my **** sit for an hour or so

ok, ill try that when i do my oil change.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Ok, since it works for you guys keep it up.
But it is not for me.....

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, since it works for you guys keep it up.
But it is not for me.....

i respect your opinion on the matter greatly. but at $5 a can, and i feel a slight benefit in the seat of the pants after its done (most likely the placebo effect) i feel its worth it

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Over the years there have been hundreds of products marketed to provide easy fixes from slipping transmissions to engines over heating, knocking and/or burning oil. Engine rebuild in a can. Back in the day a vehicle was worn out at 45-60k and folks would throw the magical fixes at them left and right. Today the manufactures of the magic formulas have to be much more careful as the product can't actually damage anything that the user does when using their product. So basically if it does absolutely nothing, then it's good to market. The marketing is all hype as you read the can it will state somewhere results are not guaranteed. Just stating a little experience gained over the years. I really do recommend researching throughly anything you put in your engine and take it from there.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Here at our oil company we get complaints all the time...saying our engine oils failed customers...95% of the time, after we get samples from the product in question and compare it to our retain samples, the failures are a results of after market additives and chemicles added to the oil by the consumer or the consumer using the wrong stuff.Fuel additives can be a different story all together, mainly because the quality of fuel blends can vary greatly from refinery to refinery.