Seat and Wheel heat on auto start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
First couple days I had my truck I remember the seat heater and steering wheel heater coming on when I remote started the truck, now they do not.

Can anyone point me to the setting location to enable this? I can’t find it. When I look through the settings I get to a place that states this…where is the Comfort Activation Temp?
A1274F4C-4E91-44EC-AD21-573063D65D4E.jpeg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If the outside temperature is above 40°F the heated seats and steering wheel do not turn on automatically with the Auto-On. If it's not on check the temperature that the truck sensor is reporting on the dash/radio

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If the outside temperature is above 40°F the heated seats and steering wheel do not turn on automatically with the Auto-On. If it's not on check the temperature that the truck sensor is reporting on the dash/radio
^^This^^
Even when the temperatures are cold out, well below the 40 degree F threshold, I've noticed the auto on heated wheel and seat isn't. Looking at the outside temperature display I notice the truck thinks it is well above 40 degrees F. I soon realized if the driver's outside mirror is exposed to the east, the morning sun (when we have clear skies) increases the internal temperature inside the mirror well above the outside temperature. I try to park the truck to avoid exposing the driver's outside mirror to the east.

OP
OP
wsutard1

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Good to know. It should be closer to 50. 40 is still cold!

OP
OP
wsutard1

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Anyone know if AlphaOBD will let you change the temp they come on at?