seat belt latch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2018 ram quad cab here. found out a few weeks ago that my passenger side front seat belt is having an issue. it won't just click in like it should. the tab easily goes into the slot, but you have to hold the red button down, put the tab in, then release it to latch. so basically it won't automatically click in. truck is on warranty of course, but not first year. Anyone experienced this? should it be a warrantied repair (just started second year of warranty). if it's thought to be on warranty i'll get it fixed right away. thanks.

ps- i do have spray i could try inside the mechanism but have a feeling spray will do nothing. i did search in general on the site for this issue, but didn't find one thread about it.

EDIT- i will leave this post up in case anyone else has the issue, but I decided to try spraying some Creep into it and work the mechanism a bunch before inserting the tab into the receiver. Fortunately, the latch receiver was not broken, just got gunked up a bit I guess as its clicking in as it should now!

Last edited: