Seat belts, dome and power windows help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Hello all. I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500. Not sure what is going on. But my seatbelts r locked and my light is on, my power windows quit working and my dome light also stopped working as well. I checked the iod fuse. It’s good is there anymore fuses related to this parts? Any helps would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok so something interesting to add. So my middle dome light will come on but is very dim but here is the kicker. I have to take the bulb out now bc whenever the map lights go off after shutting the door. The middle dome will come on

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
That's weird I don't have a clue what it could be unless it's a short in wiring.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I’m stumped man. I hate to do it but imma bout to take it to the stealer

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I know when my seat belts locked on me which was my fault lol. I ended up replacing my seats with some from a junkyard. Cause I wasn't paying $400 for a dealer to fix it. My guess on the seat belts is that you lost full power some how. Can you trace the wires going to and from the seat belts under the seat and up thru the seat cover. Maybe you have a broken wire or a short

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Another thing to checkout is the SCTM box it controls the power to your seat belts it's a little black box underneath the middle seat. It may be bad.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Another thing to checkout is the SCTM box it controls the power to your seat belts it's a little black box underneath the middle seat. It may be bad.

I hear that all of that is ran together as well. That there is some splice somewhere in the wiring?

David Driskell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question to add, 01 1500 5.2 automatic
same as already described in addition, it stumbles, pops, sounds like spitting back through a carburetor that’s not there. Idles fine, but won’t move 2 mph until it gets through pitching it’s fit. Then it runs like ***** ape. Sometimes I find the LOD fuse blown. Seat belt light and check engine light stay on.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For the original poster, I would say look for a bad ground connection somewhere. Most of the time when multiple electrical systems start acting funny simultaneously, it is a ground issue. Will probably be connected to the firewall somewhere. The dim light is especially telling... All it takes is a very slightly loose connection to cause all kinds of havoc.

David, I don’t know that your engine problems would be related to your interior problems, but still a good idea to check all grounds when multiple things act funny at the same time. You might also check that the IOD fuse terminals are not corroded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mop

Skatulaki

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 1500
Engine
5.9 liter 360
Let me ask you , did you do any work on it before you started having the problem? I worked on copy machines for 30 years as well as my own cars. The reason I mention this is because many electrical problems "can" be self inflicted if you have done some work and not realized that you pinched a couple wires. While not necessarily shorting them out, they can be partly grounded and cause all manner of screwy problems. Just a thought.

David Driskell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not this time, wish I had would have had something to back track on. It’s just starting acting up, replaced gas cap (just to satisfy a code). Now have an intermediate down stream O2 sensor code coming up. Can make a run above 60 mph for 10 miles check engine light will go out until I drop back below 60 mph for 5 miles then light returns.
Have dumped 2 cans of Seafoam in tank and topped off with BP (White gas) high Octane going to give it a try