Seat covers for '16 Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi....I'm looking for seat covers for my '16 Rebel. The driver's side bottom seat is cracking on the vinyl side bolsters.....nothing I did, it's just vinyl failing, which is disappointing (and not covered by warranty). I know I can buy a new bottom OEM cover ($300+) but I'm not there yet. I'd rather have covers.

It looks like the Rebel seats are slightly different than stock seats? I'm not sure.

Here is what I have looked at:

Katzkin: Best on the market and $$$, but require pro installation (remove OEM covers). No thanks.

Clazzios: I had Clazzio's on a prior vehicle (08 FJ Cruiser).....they were fantastic and fit like a glove over the OEM covers. No one could tell they weren't factory leather seats......they are that good. But they are also ~$600+. So far this is the only good option I've found.

Amazon (various vendors): Everything I've seen on Amazon is NOT full covers......all of the "leather" ones have cutouts in the side, for the side air bags. That is not acceptable......they will look like seat covers.

Covercraft/Carhatt: I think the Carhatt's would be great (washable).....but the fit looks horrible! Even the pics on Covercraft's website look all loose and wrinkly. No way. The "PrecisionFit" series looks like they fit better, but not perfect. The "PrecisionFit" series starts to get to Clazzio pricing.

Wet okole: I've always heard good fitment comments about these, but I've also heard they are HOT in the summer. I live in Texas.....I've got all the heat I need.

Any other thoughts for Rebel covers?

Mike

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have Coverking Neo Supreme covers on mine. Tight fit of factory covers
And there is always a coupon code, On Auto Anything I got the best price ,cheaper then direct
The Charcoal color is closer to the OEM gray the the solid gray !
you can get samples as well

OP
OP
miketx

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Coverking Neo Supreme covers on mine. Tight fit of factory covers
And there is always a coupon code, On Auto Anything I got the best price ,cheaper then direct
The Charcoal color is closer to the OEM gray the the solid gray !
you can get samples as well
Are they hot in the summer? Although I guess your summer is different than my summer (Maine vs Texas). They look like the same stuff as Wet Okole.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
They do not seem Hot to me ! Inside of car car get 100* from sun,, I really like those Cover Kings

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I looked at the seat cover landscape not that long ago when trying to figure out what to do with the big gaping hole in my drivers lower seat cushion ..LOL. Including CoverKing whom I called and they answered my questions nicely. I was very close to clicking on CalTrend seat covers, which I particularly liked their Velour covers for more style. I really don't care for the el-cheapo semi-annoying fabric in my truck. Fabrics have gone backwards since the 90's IMO. My thought was to possibly replace all my covers with a nicer, comfy velour. But anyway, they have all manner of other types just like most cover companies do. They seem to be a good, well made cover (made in USA), based on somewhat-extensive research I did at the time. I never did go with them but I would give them a good look. Maybe someone else here has used them.

I ended up buying an original Mopar seat cover (less $$ from ebay) and new Mopar lower seat cushion. The OEM foam takes a beating on these pickups because there's part of the seat frame below which puts a lot of stress (pinches) the foam as ya get in/out. The replacement foam is more high-tech. It's OEM comfort in the center but denser foam is injected at the edges to prevent damaging. It's a great idea but I have mixed feelings about it ...which I should cover in another post. The typical aftermarket USA foam is about 2x denser overall if a person is looking for a harder than OEM (semi-hard) cushion. I tried a couple... and sent that one back.

Hey...let us know what you ended up buying and how it fit's ...whatever you end up with :waytogo:

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would add these other items to consider in your seat cover journey:

1) OEM Replacement: I know you're not looking to replace your OEM cover now. But just throwing it out there, if you have decent DIY skills, it's not too difficult to remove & reinstall OEM covers and foam. It's a bit of work, though, I won't lie. There are a few good videos on youtube which cover how-to. I'd say it's a a bit more work overall than most videos portray. And I've done several seat covers. Certainly easily doable. But most of them speed things up and skip over some of the small details and make it seem like it's a simple 20 minute job. It's not. But well within the ability of competent DIY guys.

2) Now's a good time to re-evaluate what you like or dislike about your trucks' covers/colors, etc. Sounds like you've done that ...considering Katzkins, etc.

3) How long? If you plan to hang onto your truck for quite a bit longer, don't put off buying an OEM replacement cushion too long. Mopar doesn't sell them forever. Usually aftermarket's are avail ...if you don't mind rolling the dice on quality/matching. If you forsee selling it in a couple years, then I wouldn't bother.

4) Nerf Bars - Step Rails: I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of push-back on this one. My wife used to be really adept at being lazy and sliding in and out of vehicles and damaging (or putting excessive wear) on lower seat covers/foam. I installed step rails on one of our other vehicles and had to really ride her hard (re-train) for a while to get her to "Use the F-ing Step!!" and step *up* ...and then slide in ...when she'd get in and out. In other words don't use the cushion like a kid's turbo-slide! ....and thereby preserving the outer edge of the cushion and leather. After a while she got into the habit and for a long time now it's a non-issue ..and seat doesn't prematurely wear. Most people are going to say, "she (or I) don't want to do it" ...but it's a small change of getting in/out which goes a long way to preserve the seats.. Anyway, its a morsel to chew on.

Cheers :favorites13:

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they hot in the summer? Although I guess your summer is different than my summer (Maine vs Texas). They look like the same stuff as Wet Okole.
I have the caltrend that jeepwalker is talking about in my mustang convertable ..... they are the neosupreme and are not hot to the touch , think of them more like coozie material

williscreg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rough Country. The only thing from Rough Country I would recommend is their neoprene seat covers. They come in one color, black but will only set you back $200. I’ve had mine since 2019 and they show little wear, machine washable and fit well. You can tell they are seat covers but the fit is tight and uniform.

bravem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It took me some time to make the choice, but I ended up buying the Wet Okole truck seat covers and didn't regret that decision. They are made from top-quality neoprene and totally waterproof, so even if you get caught in the rain, your seats will stay clean and dry. Moreover, this material is durable. I've been using these covers for more than a year and they are like new.
2372.jpg

Last edited:

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do these work with the heated seat options?

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It took me some time to make the choice, but I ended up buying the Wet Okole truck seat covers and didn't regret that decision. They are made from top-quality neoprene and totally waterproof, so even if you get caught in the rain, your seats will stay clean and dry. Moreover, this material is durable. I've been using these covers for more than a year and they are like new.
View attachment 527700
Hey bravem.......just seen this .......they really turned out nice...looks great!