Seat swap wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O0/RT actually had a set of front seats for a Big Horn. Its s a driver side power seat manual side passenger seat and they are both heated. He changed them out for Laramie seats and I know he posted he was selling them. If you install the seats and later on down the road you decide you want them heated you can just add the proper wiring and sales codes and it be good to go. I'm not sure if he still has them but the last post I saw he still did. I think they were both in Immaculate shape. I'm not sure where he lives or where you live but you might want to shoot him a PM. and see if they're still available. You might be able to work something out. It would save you the headaches of trying to find a seat from a wrecking yard and not knowing what condition it's in before they ship it to you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI I have claimed those seats :)

I thought they were both power, actually.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kahn!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

hehe

I see you're in St Louis...shipping would kill the deal, most likely.

00/RT and I are in the same state so I can just go pick them up in person. Seats are big and heavy making then a PITA to ship.

I think your best bet is to find a good set of heated cloth seats locally (junk yard, etc) and get a Katzkin-type kit to re-cover them with leather. Finding good leather seats for a decent price is becoming next to impossible. Theyll either look terrible or be too expensive.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an FYI I have claimed those seats :)

I thought they were both power, actually.
Oops I'm sorry I didn't know! They might actually both be power I'm not sure I just thought the passenger side might be manual. In any case I know they were immaculate.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
hehe

I see you're in St Louis...shipping would kill the deal, most likely.

00/RT and I are in the same state so I can just go pick them up in person. Seats are big and heavy making then a PITA to ship.

I think your best bet is to find a good set of heated cloth seats locally (junk yard, etc) and get a Katzkin-type kit to re-cover them with leather. Finding good leather seats for a decent price is becoming next to impossible. Theyll either look terrible or be too expensive.
I'm not really into leather. Maybe because I've never had them? I actually like the cloth gray Express seats and pattern, I'm just looking for a bit more adjustment.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm next to an LKQ yard so they get a lot of my business with free shipping yard to yard.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Quick question. Is there a difference driver-seat-wise when my truck has a center jumpseat? Do I need to look for a truck that also has the center jumpseat when searching for a driver power seat? I ask because some are listed as "bucket" while others are listed as "40/20/40"?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really into leather. Maybe because I've never had them? I actually like the cloth gray Express seats and pattern, I'm just looking for a bit more adjustment.

Yeah its an interesting dilemma because the seat heaters apparently work REALLY well on cloth, not as well on leather.

A family member asked why I didnt get leather seats in my RAM, so now Im making it a goal in life to get them just so I can show them lol

Quick question. Is there a difference driver-seat-wise when my truck has a center jumpseat? Do I need to look for a truck that also has the center jumpseat when searching for a driver power seat? I ask because some are listed as "bucket" while others are listed as "40/20/40"?

AFAIK the front seats in any configuration are exactly the same. Floor console vs 2 piece vs 3 piece jumpseat still use the same left and right seats.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah its an interesting dilemma because the seat heaters apparently work REALLY well on cloth, not as well on leather.

A family member asked why I didnt get leather seats in my RAM, so now Im making it a goal in life to get them just so I can show them lol

AFAIK the front seats in any configuration are exactly the same. Floor console vs 2 piece vs 3 piece jumpseat still use the same left and right seats.
Awesome thanks! Just ordered cloth power seat from a 2015 SLT (part condition listed as "A") from LKQ for $277 shipped. Should be here Friday!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats cool, I wish I had an LKQ yard near me, they have a ton of stuff on eBay (including at one point a mint set of Laramie crew cab seats for a decent price, I just cant use the crew cab rear seat so it didnt help me much)

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am pretty sure as long as it's a bighorn style seat and not the Highback Laramie/Sport style seat the covers should be interchangeable. They appear to be the same design just different material. I understand what you're trying to do. By changing seat covers you can install a power driver"s seat and it will blend into your truck. I think it would look good. It is not hard to change them. I re covered my Laramie seats and they came out great. You'll need to buy some hog rings and hog ring pliers to install them.

I just wanted to follow up for anyone that may come across this. @Ricks Ram is correct, the seat covers for express and Big Horn are interchangeable (the foam cushions are identical). I actually found it much easier to remove the cushions with the covers still attached and swap those between seats instead of trying to separate the covers from the cushions.

A big thank you to @DeereGuy as well for the great instructions and professional custom harness to add the power seat.

The end result is an Express Truck with a power seat that I paid a total of $240 installed (LKQ didn't work out, they changed there free shipping policy to region based). I'll make back quite a bit of that once I sell my manual seat. The adjustability of the power seat makes this truck so much more comfortable.

The only issue I have now is trying to separate the center jumpseat seat belt buckle from the old seat. It's on there really tight. I'll probably need to take it somewhere with power tools to get the nut loose.

IMAG0023.jpg

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What all would I need if I wanted to swap my manual driver seat to power without buying a higher trim seat? Seat base, motor, switch, panel, and motor? Anyone done this before?

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just wanted to follow up for anyone that may come across this. @Ricks Ram is correct, the seat covers for express and Big Horn are interchangeable (the foam cushions are identical). I actually found it much easier to remove the cushions with the covers still attached and swap those between seats instead of trying to separate the covers from the cushions.

A big thank you to @DeereGuy as well for the great instructions and professional custom harness to add the power seat.

The end result is an Express Truck with a power seat that I paid a total of $240 installed (LKQ didn't work out, they changed there free shipping policy to region based). I'll make back quite a bit of that once I sell my manual seat. The adjustability of the power seat makes this truck so much more comfortable.

The only issue I have now is trying to separate the center jumpseat seat belt buckle from the old seat. It's on there really tight. I'll probably need to take it somewhere with power tools to get the nut loose.

View attachment 120372
What all would I need if I wanted to swap my manual driver seat to power without buying a higher trim seat? Seat base, motor, switch, panel, and motor? Anyone done this before?

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start
It's easiest to by the power seat. I don't think you could convert a manual to power with parts...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's easiest to by the power seat. I don't think you could convert a manual to power with parts...

This is 100% correct. There are more than two motors involved and the seat frame is different. There is also a different seat harness as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I want to swap out my manual seats for power and i was just wondering if anyone knew what these wires are. Im guessing they are power and ground. But im not sure and i dont want to set of the air bags lol. The first picture is the yellow plug and 5 wires that come out of the floor. The second picture is the yellow connector on the powered seat and its 6 wires and a grey connector with 1 black wire. I want to confirm that these are the positive and negative wires. 3rd pic is the controls on the seat if that helps
I h

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have power , heated , and cooled seats that I am putting in my 2016 wich also has heated, cooled, and power seats but the plugs do not match where can I buy a harness to do the conversion for me I just want to plug and play my life is wY to busy to be doing all the wiring and swapping any help would be greatly appreciated

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have power , heated , and cooled seats that I am putting in my 2016 wich also has heated, cooled, and power seats but the plugs do not match where can I buy a harness to do the conversion for me I just want to plug and play my life is wY to busy to be doing all the wiring and swapping any help would be greatly appreciated
Contact @Mpgrimm2 , he or his business partner @DeereGuy can likely make you the harness you need to make install plug and play.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your new seats are from a 13 to 18 or Classic they should be plug and play if your 16 already had the heated/vented seats. The 09 to 12 trucks used a completely different setup. What year are your new seats out of?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk