Sept VS Oct Incentives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foxrider68

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I helped my dad find a 2016 2500 6.4 that was exactly what he was looking for. Its landing the first week of October and they have their deposit on it. He wants to lock the price on the truck now as we have a $1000 Chrysler rebate and a $700 dealer rebate, in addition to the other dealing we did on it. He was told if we lock now and the rebates get better in Oct the truck is essentially already sold so he has to use the September rebates. My thoughts are the rebates will stay the same or get better but he is worried they'll drop in Oct and he'll lose the deal he has. Should we stick with the September deal he is happy with or wait till October and just see what happens?

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you are comfortable with the deal you were given, then I would go with that. The dealer can say xyz to you now, but who knows if that deal will hold up. Unless it is writing it is not valid.

OP
OP
F

foxrider68

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you are comfortable with the deal you were given, then I would go with that. The dealer can say xyz to you now, but who knows if that deal will hold up. Unless it is writing it is not valid.

They talked to the dealer today and locked in September pricing. Should be around the 10th of October that they can pick it up after the windows are tinted and the spray in bed liner is added. Not sure why thats an option people wouldn't want as it was listed as a removal on the window sticker. 2016 Longhorn 2500 CC 6.4 My dad is pretty stoked! :)

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
every dealer i spoke to ( and most on here will tell you ) say that if you lock in now and the incentives get better in the next month, you get the better of the rebates. If the rebates get worse, you keep the ones you have.

Btw, there really is no such thing as a "dealer" rebate. They are just tatkig $700 off the sticker.

I would find the threads on here titled "what did you pay for your 2015 rams" or the one titled, "how did you get $9k, $10k, $11k off your new truck". I started both of them, and they are invaluable to help you get the best deal possible on these trucks.

do not buy that truck until you thoroughly research how much you should be getting off the sticker price. Dot worry about rebates and other "dealer discounts or deals"......just take the sticker and subtract how much they are willing to give you off the sticker and give us your final lnumber before tax ( dont include a trade in with this number either, its just makes the deal more cloudy ).

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

foxrider68

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
As we stand right now we are around 12% off Msrp which we are aware is not the "best". I found plenty of trucks that were 10k off or more but for one reason or the other it didn't fit what they wanted to buy. The only one I found was a 2016 in transit which doesn't have the full rebates the 2015s do. When this lot offered 3k more on the trade than other lots we treated that as basically 18% off. Add in the bed liner with window tint they are adding and he is happy. I think if I kept up the fight I could do a touch better but as we stand I took over and destroyed their first offer. I am not the getting paid on the deal here so since they are happy I am done ;)

We are working with Dave smith in Kellogg Idaho and they have been great to work with.

I will question the October rebates when we pick it up if they are better!