Service electronic accelerator position code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmengert14RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was driving down the highway when my truck went into limp mode saying service electronic accelerator position sensor. Replaced the pedal after the dealer said that’s what the issue was. It hasn’t fixed the issue. While I was driving I noticed that it did it when I would hit a bump or pothole or something to cause a jar. Kind of making me think a loose connection or something? Anyone have any ideas? Also, I can shut the truck off, start it back up and it sometimes acts like nothing happened and will drive normal. Other times it remains in limp mode. Any help would be appreciated

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I know this is a little old but I have a little tech write up I found awhile ago. It's generic in a sense it's not ram specific but if your still having issues I'd give it a read

Attachments

• ACCELERATOR PEDAL SENSOR.pdf
    229.9 KB · Views: 3

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the plug into the back of the pedal, Make sure its snapped down completely. If its loose and the pedal loses signal its failsafe is to shut down the truck incase its an issue.