Service Electronic Throttle Control Glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RhondaRamsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Has this ever happened to anyone before?
As I was pulling out of my driveway, my truck was continually going in and out of limp mode, with the message “Service Electronic Throttle Control” message, followed by “Service Electronic Brake Control.”

The display was literally glitching...ding-pause-ding-pause, with the message trying to decide whether or not to remain on the screen. Pulled over, shut it off, waited a few minutes, turned it back on, revved it a little, and it never happened again.

Happened to me last winter when the truck was only a few months old...dealer said “moisture in the intake”. Spontaneously happened again this morning (-22C).

Is this just cold weather related? Did the system just glitch when starting? It hadn’t happened since last year, and hasn’t happened again yet today.

2019 1500 Classic Warlock V6

F51D462D-149A-4A4D-9581-C3E582187BC1.png

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has this ever happened to anyone before?
As I was pulling out of my driveway, my truck was continually going in and out of limp mode, with the message “Service Electronic Throttle Control” message, followed by “Service Electronic Brake Control.”

The display was literally glitching...ding-pause-ding-pause, with the message trying to decide whether or not to remain on the screen. Pulled over, shut it off, waited a few minutes, turned it back on, revved it a little, and it never happened again.

Happened to me last winter when the truck was only a few months old...dealer said “moisture in the intake”. Spontaneously happened again this morning (-22C).

Is this just cold weather related? Did the system just glitch when starting? It hadn’t happened since last year, and hasn’t happened again yet today.

2019 1500 Classic Warlock V6

View attachment 235944
Happened to me once too. Turned off truck let it set for about two minutes and turned it back on. Problem solved...hasn't come back in several months.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Happened to me also,I had a pedal commander installed,I removed it and never had a problem since.Check down there for a bad connection.Push all the connecters together.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Happened to me also,I had a pedal commander installed,I removed it and never had a problem since.Check down there for a bad connection.Push all the connecters together.
I too have a pedal commander.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Mine happened outside work,let it sit for awhile and same thing.Happened a few times after that and then removed it and never happened again.

iZzyTheTek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CHECK/REPLACE THE ENGINE WIRE HARNESS ii had the same problem plague me in my 2016 tradesman 3.6... problem would come back randomly at any moment and throw truck in limp mode .. some time every 10 mile or wont happen for 1k-2k miles then boom limp mode .... trying to fix own my own i replaced gas pedal first (nope), second was the throttle body (nope) third i replaced the ECU(nope) and lastly which was the problem ENGINE WIRE HARNESS (SAVIOR)..After i replaced the entire harness i never had the SERVICE ETC issue again.... I COULDNT FIND ANY VISABLE BREAKS IN MY ORIGNAL HARNESS SO IT MAY HAVE BREAKS UNDER INSOLATION

jess44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a squirrel shoot through my wires right in front of the firewall driver side where connects the connector got it all Spike back together turn back on no throttle response still sitting in the same situation

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990