Service park assist sensors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty McGee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So going to be a few questions in this thread so bear with me.

I started getting the service park assist for the front sensors about a month ago and since my truck is still under warranty I called the dealership (2017 Laramie 1500). Evidently the warranty doesn't cover diagnostic fees and I decided not to pay the $200 for that and consult youtube. Had 1 bad sensor and I purchased some online from 1A auto. Replaced and was still getting the same service park assist sensors message. Bought the 4 pack and decided to replace the rear sensors so they are all the same in the rear and move the good factory ones to the front. Front works as advertised now but the rear will work when less than 5mph but will turn off and say service park assist sensors above that speed and turn back on once out in reverse.

Whew,

On to the questions:

1. Do the aftermarket sensors need to be programmed/connected into the system to work properly?

2. Could this be an issue with the controller module?

3. What OBD readers will be able to read beyond engine codes and tell me what my issue could be?

If you've read this far thanks for your time and appreciate any advise.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So going to be a few questions in this thread so bear with me.

I started getting the service park assist for the front sensors about a month ago and since my truck is still under warranty I called the dealership (2017 Laramie 1500). Evidently the warranty doesn't cover diagnostic fees and I decided not to pay the $200 for that and consult youtube. Had 1 bad sensor and I purchased some online from 1A auto. Replaced and was still getting the same service park assist sensors message. Bought the 4 pack and decided to replace the rear sensors so they are all the same in the rear and move the good factory ones to the front. Front works as advertised now but the rear will work when less than 5mph but will turn off and say service park assist sensors above that speed and turn back on once out in reverse.

Whew,

On to the questions:

1. Do the aftermarket sensors need to be programmed/connected into the system to work properly?

2. Could this be an issue with the controller module?

3. What OBD readers will be able to read beyond engine codes and tell me what my issue could be?

If you've read this far thanks for your time and appreciate any advise.
The sensors do not require programming. It could be an issue with the module as welll.

Also, scan tools do not tell you what is wrong. Consider a scan tool like your PC monitor. It is a window so you can see what is going on inside. It is up to you to view the data that the scan tool is showing you and then determine if that data is correct and then make a decision on what to do next.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may be reading this incorrectly, but it seems that the ones you ordered from A1 auto aren’t working in the front or rear. The A1 auto sensors have been known to be bad. I’d send them back.
You can find Bosch sensors on eBay, they generally work, search by your part number.
Make sure you don’t get the ones from China. They never work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was getting very regular warning messages on my 2014 rear sensors. We had recently had some really bad snow and ice and I thought it might be tied to that so I just ignored it and hoped it went away.... well, it went away after a couple weeks! Not sure that is a fix but you might ride it out a bit and see if it works itself out.

nesnfred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I replaced mine yesterday with the A1 Auto brand. They worked as soon as I put them in. Then when I came out this morning, the service park assist came back on. I disconnected the negative battery cable to clear the code just in case that was the problem...still not working. Does anyone know how to test the module? I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport. Where is the module? tks!

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I have a 2017 Ram 2500. The ParkingSense Service Rear Sensor msg on.
I went out and bought 4 new Bosch sensors(cross match to 1Ew63wS2AA) and I still the msg.
Any ideas?

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
So I went to autozone to have the codes read, and they reset the DTC code. The sensors now works great. In the future, is there a way for someone to reset the codes with out the alpha program or a code reader?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I won't guess that this is happening with your sensors, but there is a chance that once you replaced the sensors, it takes several ignition cycles for the computer to say that everything is working as it should

this happens with other things like the TPMS sensors

QualityMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just replaced all 4 rear sensors on my 2018 RAM.
Had the rear bumper upgraded and after install, got the "service rear sensor" light and chime.
Checked all 4 with my phone on video record,(good sensors emit a tick, tick, tick sound if they are working), only 1 sensor was working. Ordered 4 new sensors from Accurate Diesel on Amazon, (OEM Bosch part.), for $ 60.00 each. Installed today. Error was still coming up but after a couple of key cycles, error disappeared, and everything worked. I checked each sensor with my phone, (key on, truck in reverse) and all sensors were clicking.
Apparently the sensors can get very brittle over time and any movement, like unplugging and plugging in, can cause a failure.

Tahoedart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey new here and found this thread researching the same problem. Having the same issue, put sensors in front wired all up, they ding and go off above 5 mph and says "Service Front Parksense". Below 5 mph they are fine and function as is. Smitty, did you ever get a solution here?

johnnnyo99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey new here and found this thread researching the same problem. Having the same issue, put sensors in front wired all up, they ding and go off above 5 mph and says "Service Front Parksense". Below 5 mph they are fine and function as is. Smitty, did you ever get a solution here?
Hey there, did you ever get this issue sorted out?
I'm having a similar issue with my 2017 Ram 1500.
All sensors front and rear work fine but when I drive forward and reach 8mph I get the ding sound and the button to activate/deactivate rear sensor lights up and I get a "service parksense sensors" message on the dash. Then when I stop and put the truck in reverse the activate/deactivate button light turns off and it works fine in reverse. Weird....