Service TPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello again. Just got new tires on my 2013 Ram 1500 but now I am getting a Service TPS. I tried driving etc still no reset. Also disconnected the battery. The tire folks stated they reset the TPS but have a code still. Will this reset after awhile?

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello it worked then came back. Anyway took to dealer and they reset/Calibrated to the Computer etc. I was only 10 miles down the road and it came back! This time showing a Different tire not showing any pressure. These are after market tires (new) Is there a way to disable the TPS?

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Out of curiosity, what air pressure. My 2013 Outdoorsman if tires fall under 39 psi light comes on, 43 is what mine should be at, right now with hot days and cold nights, my pressure has been dropping at night a few psi and going up in day. Just asking your air pressure because even though dealer, does not mean the tech knows a lot. When I added a trailer brake(oem) and needed it flashed the Ram dealer had no clue what they were doing and I had to go back 3 times, then they told me my radio would update with Trailer brake settings after a few starts, which they were wrong again and I had to update with radio latest firmware. This was just couple years ago. I bought wheels with new tires and tpms off a guy on offer up and automatically found all the sensors and worked without any reset.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. Pressure says 43. Suppose to be 44. The one sensor that was a issue nows is reporting because as you go you can see the pressure change. Dealer again reset , calibrated. This time a different sensor reported (still have service tire and light) then went away so far, but the pressure is not changing like the others??. But still have Service Tire pressure with tire light??? Geez Crazy

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello again. Well still having issues. Dealer 3x All of the sensors were reporting except for one. The one not reporting was replaced. Dealer stated all was good. Got down the road 10 miles and even through sensors are not in alarm and I did see them change PSI the Service Tire pressure came on again. Took back to dealer waiting...... Any clues???

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. Well been a month or more. Issue since Sept 2022. One sensor replaced, Control module replaced. Had to take back last week after a month of working? Dealer( referred to Ram/Dodge Engineering) is stating that the replaced sensor went bad due to the ID number changing triggering the module to report the Service TPS. Geez!!! Now the sensor was changed again (I think) and they have the truck to put some miles on it to see if it triggers.. I read somewhere another person had a similar issue and the Frequency Changed? I think or something like that. What confuses me as a Old Radio guy, crystals would drift causing alarms etc. when I worked for the phone company. Wondering with todays Technology same issue somehow? Any Ideas?

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update. Well been a month or more. Issue since Sept 2022. One sensor replaced, Control module replaced. Had to take back last week after a month of working? Dealer( referred to Ram/Dodge Engineering) is stating that the replaced sensor went bad due to the ID number changing triggering the module to report the Service TPS. Geez!!! Now the sensor was changed again (I think) and they have the truck to put some miles on it to see if it triggers.. I read somewhere another person had a similar issue and the Frequency Changed? I think or something like that. What confuses me as a Old Radio guy, crystals would drift causing alarms etc. when I worked for the phone company. Wondering with todays Technology same issue somehow? I think its in the Computer. Or when the tires were changed all the sensors are not compatible reporting to the module. Any Ideas?

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All are OEM including the one replaced. Per the Dealership that was one of the items the STAR Center? asked to verify. Then tear down the tires, test Power and ground to the Module Load **** to the TPM back to the IPM?? They said they found the new Sensor had a weak signal. Replaced and relearded clearing all the DTC;s relearning the Sensor ID numbers. Understand most of it but I am still a little concerned. As it manifested 30 days later this last time. So I am hoping they got it this time. Very confusing. I would of settled with disabling as long as no issues etc... Sometimes technology works against us. Had similar problem with RV with those crazy Tire Pressure valves you use instead of the old fashion plastic caps. The tires would leak from the valves!

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
Holy cow. Sorry dude. You rolled a 1 on this adventure. At least it's just silly TPMS and not something major, although for being a minor problem, it sure did cause a fuss! I hope they got it all working properly and your gremlin doesn't rear its head again.

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you Mr Ortiz, now we can head your way for the Winter Ha! Leaving for Texas! Trinity just north of Houston for 2 months....