Shady business from the service advisor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyingron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
There are crappy service departments and honest ones. Oddly, every dealer I've bought a vehicle from, has had a completely crooked service department (to include the RAM dealership I just used). The two local dealerships I've been dealing with on the other hand (one Toyota, one Chevrolet) have been completely honest and helpful. Of course, I've never found a reputable Audi dealership. We had a very good independent guy across the street from us where we used to live.

I detailed the fact that my local service department wanted $300 to install my tonneau cover (which should have been on the truck when I bought it). It took me 10 minutes in the parking lot to put it on myself.

blk16express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It’s not that I’m not happy. I have got my monies worth out of my warranty. It’s the shady business around it. Before you ask a customer to pay $1200 wouldn’t you see if 1. It’s covered under warranty? And 2 if they have an extended warranty? But no he wanted me to pay, I know they don’t make as much on warranty work but come on. I get this may be how they get around warranty claims but couldn’t they have said tech noticed squeaking on test drive. It’s not the end of the world but I live my life with honesty and this felt dishonest on their part. I mean if you can’t trust your local dealership who can you trust? Haha
I have seen instances where when it is originally submitted for warranty, fca denies it. The warranty clerk can then dispute the claim denial in which case they usually require some kind of proof and then FCA can either stand by the denial or approve under warranty. With that being said, it is possible that this was the case with your truck and why your advisor originally asked for payment. As far as the complaint on the repair order, fca will not cover warranty complaints unless the customer complains. Things found by technicians on 27 point inspections are not covered so the advisor puts customer states or something similar so warranty will cover it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Years ago we bought a brand new 1996 Ford Windstar. At about 75,000 miles it needed a new transmission under warranty. The dealer called and said a rep from the warranty insurance company wanted to come down and see the internal parts to verify they were bad so it took an extra day or two to get it back

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went off road, just a muddy field and got stuck and when I was getting pulled out it bent the track bar. Took it to the dealership because I had an appt for something on going non related ABS issue so I had them take a look at the track bar and give me a quote. They called and said the front end suspension was trashed and quoted me $3500.00 for a new track bar, stearing column control module and gear rack & pinion....

I grabbed my truck and took it to a trusted mechanic shop who said all but track bar was complete BS.

This was even after I paid them $2000 for a ABS module that didn't fix the issue. My truck was at the dealership for 2 months of the last 6. The rear brakes were seizing up when the ABS activated. They couldn't fix the problem because it didn't throw any codes even though they recreated the issue 3 different times. RamCares worked with me and opened a case and Chrysler even sent out two engineers who only plugged in there OBD reader and cleared it as nothing wrong.

This will be my last post because I dumped that totally unsafe to drive truck and bought a Ford.

Not a dig at all Ram's, I still love them but F that dealership and Chrysler.