Shaking after 65MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So here is my issue.
I bought a used 2014 Ram Laramie 4 x 4. Ever since I've had the truck it shakes when I go over 65MPH.
I have had new tires put on it ,balanced, new front struts,etc. When I am cruising above 65 MPH and put the cruise control on the shaking seems to calm down. I have ruled out tires (3 sets no change) It has been balanced 4 times. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with drive shaft . Any help would be appreciated

ptuttle78

Reaction score
IMG_1164.jpgwas having the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So here is my issue.
I bought a used 2014 Ram Laramie 4 x 4. Ever since I've had the truck it shakes when I go over 65MPH.
I have had new tires put on it ,balanced, new front struts,etc. When I am cruising above 65 MPH and put the cruise control on the shaking seems to calm down. I have ruled out tires (3 sets no change) It has been balanced 4 times. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with drive shaft . Any help would be appreciated

Did you have the runout on the rims checked when you had tires mounted? I had the same issue and had to have two rims straightened and a road force balance to get it tamed. If I ever swap rims on my truck it won’t be for looks, sizing, or load rating—it will be because the OEM Laramie wheels get bent too easily.

DG

OP
OP
T

TonyC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i HAVE NOT HAD THE RUNOUT CHECKED ON THE RIMS. I HAVE HAD IT ROAD FORCE BALANCED 3 TIMES.
Thanks FOR THE INPUT I'll PUT THAT ON MY LIST WHEN I TAKE IT IN NEXT TIME.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Very common on crew cab 4wds. Mine has done it since I bought it 3 years ago.

OP
OP
T

TonyC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the input makes me feel a little better
The part that has me baffled is the fact that it seems to get better when using cruise control