Shark fin antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quasimoto72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel Turbo
I have a 2016 RAM 2500 with the shark fin antenna at the forward area of roof over the cab. The antenna is loose (I can slightly twist it clockwise from its proper orientation). It is allowing water to leak in, which soaks the headliner next to the upper center console where there are lights and garage door opener buttons.

What do I need to re-establish the seal and tighten the antenna so it will not rotate?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 11 ram was different but if I remember correctly, you should be able to access the antenna if you remove that upper console.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a nut on the back side of it. It sounds like yours needs to be snugged up. You have to pull the headliner down enough to gain access to it. I had to change mine, and it was kind of a PIA, but it can be done with patience. I believe there is a couple of University of Utube video's on how to remove the headliner. I did not remove mine, but gained just enough access to get my hand to the nut.

Good luck with it.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I took my time and told myself not to get PO'ed. Was careful and used folded towels to hold it down just enough that I could get my hands in to do the work. I did not take it completely down. Watching a couple of video's really helped since they showed what needed to be removed and how to remove things like the overhead console. Everything went back together perfectly with no signs it was ever down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye