Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Shark fin xm antenna

Discussion in 'All Mopar Parts' started by Holtzy25, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Holtzy25

Holtzy25 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
    Has anyone destroyed the shark fin antenna on their truck yet? I did a week ago and I’m having the worst luck trying to find a replacement for it. Maybe I’m just not looking up the right “wording” for the antenna but I’m clueless! Any help would be appreciated as I have 33+ electrical tape trying to keep the inside of the antenna dry. It’s a 2019 1500 big horn

2. AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com Senior Member Staff Member Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All
    Mpgrimm2 and Holtzy25 like this.
  3. TigreST

TigreST Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    How bout a link? Does it look like your unit looks? I believe the "style" changed with the 2019 and the antenna took on more of a "Aircraft Blade Antenna" look as compared to my 2018 Sports "Shark Fin" look. My antenna is pictured below:

The part number I get for you 2019 RAM Big Horn, is found under the "Navigation" heading in the Mopar parts system web sites, that number is : 68366538AA

A link to a parts diagram and exploded (sort of) view is below:

https://www.myoemmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cable-and-base-assembly-antenna-68366538aa

As Benny states, a good parts guy and a VIN# will confirm the correct number. There are lots of these antenna's out there in Mopar use across many model types and years of course. I'd be sure to double check and confirm the number to ensure the unit matches the roof line of the vehicle. They may look the same but if the roof contour is not correct you may wrinkle sheet metal if you tighten it down with the wrong contour base.

HTH,

T.

2018RAMSportSharkFin.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  4. Marcm

Marcm Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hi, yesterday I cracked my shark fin on my 2019 Rebel. I ordered the exact part you just suggested. As far as instalation goes, do you think I'm able to replace it by going through the third light in the back? I took a video of it and I see a bolt that's holding the existing fin in place. If I can unscrew the bolt, can I simply replace the fin while keeping the existing wire? Would the wire need to be soldered into the other fin? I don't want to pull the fin out until the replacement comes in to have a look at the wiring. Also, it's covered in duct tape right now.

5. AllMoparParts.com

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All
  6. Badger 13

Badger 13 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2013 Dodge Ram 1500
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    My 2013 has the shark fin antenna mounted towards the front, so I had to pull the headliner. There is a "pigtail" with a plug at the end of it. You just need to unplug the old and plug in the new. There was not that much slack in the wire coming up to it, and it was kind of a PIA to do. If you can gain access to yours by going in through the 3rd break light would be great, especially if you can reach the connector. I would not cut and solder the wire since it is antenna coax.

7. Marcm

Marcm Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks!! Do you have the manual to drop the rear headliner?

8. AllMoparParts.com

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All
  9. Marcm

Marcm Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hi again, the links in the file you attached link to a site to which I don't have access. Is it just the coat hooks that have screws I have to remove in order to be able to lower the rear of the headliner?

10. AllMoparParts.com

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All