Shark fin xm antenna

Discussion in 'All Mopar Parts' started by Holtzy25, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Holtzy25

Holtzy25 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
    Has anyone destroyed the shark fin antenna on their truck yet? I did a week ago and I’m having the worst luck trying to find a replacement for it. Maybe I’m just not looking up the right “wording” for the antenna but I’m clueless! Any help would be appreciated as I have 33+ electrical tape trying to keep the inside of the antenna dry. It’s a 2019 1500 big horn

2. AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com Senior Member Preferred Vendor

Ram Year:
    All
    Engine:
    All
    Holtzy25 likes this.
  3. TigreST

TigreST Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    How bout a link? Does it look like your unit looks? I believe the "style" changed with the 2019 and the antenna took on more of a "Aircraft Blade Antenna" look as compared to my 2018 Sports "Shark Fin" look. My antenna is pictured below:

The part number I get for you 2019 RAM Big Horn, is found under the "Navigation" heading in the Mopar parts system web sites, that number is : 68366538AA

A link to a parts diagram and exploded (sort of) view is below:

https://www.myoemmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cable-and-base-assembly-antenna-68366538aa

As Benny states, a good parts guy and a VIN# will confirm the correct number. There are lots of these antenna's out there in Mopar use across many model types and years of course. I'd be sure to double check and confirm the number to ensure the unit matches the roof line of the vehicle. They may look the same but if the roof contour is not correct you may wrinkle sheet metal if you tighten it down with the wrong contour base.

HTH,

T.

2018RAMSportSharkFin.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019