Sharp Edges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have an issue on my 2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn. The center console has a painted part around the whole thing. If you look on this diagram, it is #9.

The edges appear not to have been ground smooth before painting, so it laves a sharp edge right above the side pockets. In the diagram, it is just below the spot where the #9 callout is pointing at.

Took it to the dealer, they replaced it twice, both times same issue. Third part ordered, said it was the same way. Then they checked and found that the other trucks on the lot had the same issue.

I called support, they said they noted it on my truck and issued a message to the engineers.

IHMO, the injection mold has a natural seam that should have been filed off before paint... clearly a supplier issue. Unfortunately, if I grind it now the paint will peel.

Curious if anybody else has noticed this as well, and if you tried to do anything about it?