Should I worry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADXMPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Okay so I keep reading about 2013 rams and ball joint issues. I bought a 13 ram 1500 the guy before me put in a budget level which I'm replace info this week with bilsteins and setting them at 2.1 But I keep hearing about ball joint issues and them popping even with bilsteins. I never had a issue with my 09 ram. As of now I have a annoying chirping sound coming from my front I've been under the truck everything looks good. I sprayed the uca with wd40 and the upper strut tower and the sound almost is worse. I'm hoping the guy did a horrible install and the new install of the 5100's fixes it

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if your asking that question then you are going to worry about the UCA ball joints popping every time you hit a bump. just to help with your worry, get the aftermarket ones and have them installed at the same time. its two more bolts. most guys, including myself, went with mevotech.

as for the chirping sound, i have no idea. was this budget install just the spacers? if so, you might be ok by removing them and installing the bills with the UCAs and seeing if that was causing the sound.

Luke

OP
OP
BADXMPLE

BADXMPLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No going to be worried about it all the times was just asking if I should worry cause a lot of posts say that with the 5100's there isn't a problem and so say it's no matter what was just seeing if anybody has really had a lot of issues or if it's a 1 in 50 kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk