Show me your behind the back seat mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Not to be the proverbial stick in the mud but I would have some concerns should someone be sitting there in a collision. I know engineers aren’t always the best but it seems to me if there was a way they could advertise more usable storage space without compromising safety they certainly would. Now if the hooks could still be secured with some sort of latching device I’m sure that would work well.

That is why I did the cut vs the seat raising. When the seat is in the "normal" position, the loop and hook are in as same stock location. When you raise the seat, you are taking the hoop in the hook slot about an inch further down. When I get off of work here in about 2 hours, I will find my pics that explains it better.

Sorry it took so long to get the pic, had realworld issues
seat hook.jpg

Last edited:

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you go about removing the factory sound insulation panel?
Its been awhile so I don't want to lie but I remember it being fairly easy. Then again I had my entire interior removed when I removed it so maybe not so easy if you have your seats still in. Good luck.