Shutting off Display while sitting in truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diode_ee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is there any way possible to shut off the 12" display and the center console display while sitting in the truck with the key fob? I went to a drive in theater last night and the "press brake to start" on the center console was constantly on and you could also see that the 12" display was powered on as well. I was afraid that I was going to drain the batter after watching only one movie, but luckily it didn't.

I tried locking the truck while I was inside with the key fob and that didn't seem to make a difference. Is this just because the truck detects the fob inside the cab? Looking for ways to out the truck to "sleep" if I'm just sitting in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you have to use your radio for sound? If so that means your radio will be powered because your ignition is in acc mode. Also is there not a button on your dash to turn off screen? I dont have the 12" be my 8.4 had a button to turn off display.

OP
OP
D

diode_ee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was using a separate set of speakers so I didn't have to turn the truck on. I parked and shut the truck off. Got out to get some snacks and went back to the truck. After getting back into the truck and closing the driver's door the 12" screen and the center console were both on. The 12" screen is blank, but you could tell that it was powered on by the heat and the slight grayness if the screen. The center 8" console had the message stating to press the brake to start the truck. I did not have any accessories on.

Hope that clears it up.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk