Sick of listening to Ford guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Rant!

When I told some of my coworkers I was going to get a new Ram they acted like I was insulting their manhood because I didn't like Ford.

Apperntly Ram tows and carries the least but probably rides the best. Well towing stats do not lie and ride comfort is personal choice.

I test driove all the brands and easily prefer the ride and hsndling of the Ram. I try to tell my Ford buddirs i understand they like to spout towing specs but they do not tow anything and either do i. Smooth ride and horse power is what matters to me.

But now two weeks after i buy my new Ram this buy back thing happens. Potentially Ram might go under or at the least the consumer confidence gains in recent years is going to fall and the resale value of our trucks is too.

The Ford guys at work are just gloating with, " Told you Rams are junk, soon it won't be worth ****!"

Hate to be a anger managemnt case but i just want to bust them in the mouth! ... bad!

There is another guy there that was on the fence but he was leaning to toward a Ram 2500 but now with the buy back issue he says "No way he is going to get a Ram the vaues are going to plumment!"

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank those Ford boys for the 6.slow and the exploder that caused the NHTSA to be crucified in the public eye for being too lenient (Recall motors and ToyNOta too), and causing them to make an example of FCA.

My father has a 2012 that had the pinion nut recall. It was performed and he loves he truck. He is contemplating the buy back if he gets the notice not because he is dissatisfied with Ram, but because if he can get a decent # he would like a SRW 3500 Mega instead of his DRW C.C.

And saying the buy back will put Ram under? Every vehicle that qualifies can be repaired and resold. It is possible they could make money from it. And how many loyal Ram owners will be like my father and want to step into a new Ram with the newer features like 8 speed trans or Eco diesel etc?

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I get the same thing . . . They can have their recycled aluminum beer can wagons . . . The front ends on them look like ****, and they better bring their wallets and first born when it's time to service those Eco-Boost turbos after the warranty is up . . .

CoHillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eh, Ram is not going anywhere. The buyback only affects certain models and years, and it is a fixable issue. I think some folks are blowing it out of proportion. Buy what you like and in five years when it's time to get a new truck, Ram will STILL be a great truck, people will have long forgotten about the buyback, you will get top $ for your trade/resale, and you will have another great new Ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm loyal to no brand.

I bought my Ram because it was WAY faster than the fastest truck Ford made. That was for the 2014 year.

For the 2015, I think Ford is better. They're 800lbs lighter than my truck, and the tuning is easier on them. For what I have spent on my truck, I could have waited a year and gotten a F-150 that weighs more than a quarter ton less and makes 550 to the wheels with a Whipple kit and a warranty.

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A Ford is just a Freaking Old Rebuilt Dodge, so there's nothing to get upset about. My brother in law has a 2012 F250 and loves it. We joke back and forth all the time but nothing to seriously get upset about.

I tell my customers all the time to shoot what they like, not what others say is good or not. Same with vehicles... there's more important stuff out there to worry about....

Have a great weekend.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
It's just a matter of opinion, and only time will tell. Maybe your truck will be very reliable, maybe their fords will have a major recall tomorrow, nobody knows.

I don't know how reliable ford is, or what issues they may have, but honestly I've been on the fence about my ram as I've had many issues with it. After my personal experience and looking at this matter objectively, I would highly consider other brands besides ram.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll admit that I am concerned about resale/trade in value but all in all, I think Ram can weather this storm! In a few years, it will all blow over and hopefully Ram will still be on top.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Ford dominates the with the Ecoboost engines and with that being said, I have a '13 Ecoboost Escape loaded out as soon as that turbo spools "It's Gone". I love my Ram or Dodge Ram seeing as I have an '07, but I have personal experience with Ford drive line and it's always been the same "****". I have family and friends with Super Duty's and when they throw it in 4wd - it's one tire in back and one tire in the front spinning. The Microsoft Sync get's on my nerves quite a bit and is finicky at times, but I don't have to worry about the UConnect problem in my year Ram.

All in all this will not hurt Ram as every manufacture has recalls and problems, when they came out with the new body style Escape's you would be driving down the road and they would turn into a rolling fire ball. Ram will always have the (Legendary Cummins) and if you want a truck that works then you get a 2500/3500 on up with the big C and you'll have all the power you need. The Izuzu D-Max and Powerjoke are tuning 8 cylinders and making more HP, but don't lay down the torque like the Cummins. The Hemi is a great legendary engine also that's here to stay and I'll never sell or trade this truck, tuning may be easier on the Ecoboost engine, but you'll never get the sound of that V8.

Don't let those guys get to you and don't regret buying a Ram, Ram is ahead of the 8 ball in these new trucks. The Ford Limited models interior doesn't even come close to competing with the Laramie Longhorn interior. I can vouch for all 3 big name's Dodge/Ram, Ford and Chevrolet - you get what you pay for in my honest opinion with Ram and you get way less and over pay for the other 2.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why are you concerned with what others say?

This isn't Jr. High,,, Opinions of others are nothing more than that,, opinions,,

I like all trucks,,, Currently, I like RAMS the best, but I have not and will not swear allegiance to any one brand. If I had, I would still be in a Chebby.

I'll stick w/Ram until I think I find something else that I perceive to be advantageous for my personal needs. Simple as that.

Last edited:

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah....they are just jealous when you think about it...lol.

I would call them out when they talk about towing any payload, and ask them when they maxed that out. They probly love talking about that stuff, but do they actually use it?

My personal preference is that I love all trucks. Each has their own perks...but ride quality is what I have been interested in from day one. If I wanted to tow, I would get a ford....if I wanted luxury a gmc Denali would be my choice....but for me ride handling is more important than all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Who cares? Did you buy the truck to handle your needs or as an extension of your pride and well being? I bought the Ram because I perceive Ram to have higher quality, we prefer the way the Ram looks and we liked the room in the back seat for the kids. I am thankful that other people buy other makes... that creates competition and forces manufacturers to build quality at a reasonable price point.

The Ford 6.7 diesel has higher HP and torque... I don't particularly care. The Ram buyback program is grossly misreported and misunderstood. I don't believe that Ram will be buying back hundreds of thousands of trucks. I believe that Ram was dragging their feet about fixing front end issues and this was the NHTSA's way of forcing Ram to pony up. Shame on Ram, but that doesn't affect me.

I have a 2015 with the redesigned frame and coil suspension. The truck rides great and tows well. I bought the Ram because of that... not because I care what anybody else has to say about it. I came from a Toyota Tundra, my previous pickup before that was a F-150. My cousin has a F-250 with the diesel and loves his. My father in law has a Chevy 2500 and loves his. I have my new Ram 2500 and love mine. Recalls and other peoples opinions don't have any affect on me.

itskrod00

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram 4x4 (crew cab)
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Has anyone been on the chevy/gmc forums lately? Read about all the transmission and clicking noises and vibrating issues those guys are having? And the way the dealerships are treating them? Its a joke!. I been a gm guy all my life and wanted a gmc to begin with but after shopping and looking at specs, comparing apples to apples and seeing all this issues they were having, i went with a 2015 bighorn. Happy so far... For the record never ever been a ford guy...lol

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
I hear it all from my customers and friends about how i will be sorry i didn't get a chevy but i just did not like the chevy over all and the 5.3 is lacking to me in what i wanted , fords might be the best thing right now but give it a couple of years and some hard towing and they will be dead .TO me the turbo on a gas engine that is not meant to be raced or just a toy is a waste of time and money for an every day driver but thats just MHO .I love my ram even though i only have 980 miles on it , it is everthing i wanted out of a truck .

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
i have had 4 Ford trucks in my time. a 90 F150, 92 F150, 90 F250 and 94 F250. the only one i didn't have any trouble with was the 92 F150. the 90 F150 had to have the 5.0 rebuilt at 35,000 miles and the rear end was on its way out at abiyt 45,000 miles. got rid of it. and i never towed or hauled with it. the 94 f250 was the worst. had the 460. the 4WD quit working. the stereo quit working. if it sat more than 2 days it wouldn't start and i took it to nags head from pittsburgh and used 6 quarts of oil down and back. and it only had 50,000 miles on it when i got rid of it. ford or the local alternator shop could not find anything wrong with it. then we bought a new 96 windstar. with 70,000 the head gasket went. ford recalled up to 95 for this issue. i called them and they said too bad. then the cruise quit, the drivers side window motor quit and the back rear side window motor quit. i got rid of that with about 80,000 miles on it. i baby my vehicles and had major issues with about 60% of them. no more for me. i'm a Chevy guy at heart but i love the looks of the Ram and Chevy is lacking under the hood

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
every brand has its issues. pick what you like and run with it. anybody that thinks this recall is going to make the rams value plummet is delusional. you should be happy your the only one around with a ram. i would hate to be driving the same truck as everybody else.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ford: Fix Or Repair Daily, Found On Road Dead, F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge.
They're just jealous you have the better truck man wouldn't worry. I live in an area where most people have a 98-06 chev 1500 with 4.8 and they try to tell me it has more power than my hemi... can't fix stupid!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've owned them all, they all have their ups and downs, their pro's and con's and it changes with every year. I have always liked the chevy 1/2tons. ford 1/2tons have always been mediocre except the special low production versions which people give all the praise to to make them the best... and to all those Ford guys that boast how good ford is all you have to say is 6.0L & 6.4L powerjoke I mean powerstroke.. biggest diesel disaster ever... and if that isn't enough how about the firestone fiasco....

People that say ford is the best or chevy or dodge blah blah blah are just insecure assclowns that think they are better than others and have no real education as to what makes each year and model better than others for a individuals needs...

I have alot of people and buddies ask me what they should get and my fisrt question is always what they want it for and need it for... then I go into all the pros and cons of each make and how some are better then others in certain ways from my experience... Hell I own a jeep, a dodge, a ford and a chevy... I'm pretty impartial to brand.. more to performance and quality of that specific year.

thz71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ford: Fix or repair daily, found on road dead, f**ked over rebuilt dodge.
They're just jealous you have the better truck man wouldn't worry. I live in an area where most people have a 98-06 chev 1500 with 4.8 and they try to tell me it has more power than my hemi... Can't fix stupid!
99-07*