Sick of listening to Ford guys.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I agree.
To be honest, based on the threads posted by the OP, he's just looking for validation on his new purchase (did I overpay? I rushed into it. I've had other trucks and this one is the best. Ford sucks etc)[/QUOTE

Hemi Roar i appreciate you opinion but your wrong.

I certainly do not need validation from anyone.

I mentioned rushing because i did rush into the negotiation a bit but not my choice.

I guess it was not very interesting but I felt like sharing the history of different trucks I have owned. Owning four different brands gives me some perspective.

Some people get I an happy with Ram and I just felt like sharing the irritating experience i had with my Ford freak coworkers.

Others turn into Dr Phil and start drawing conclusions and giving advice. But i get it, some times a post just goes down a rabbit hole.

I will take the blame.

Last edited:

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Threads like this are why I have so little faith left in humanity.

Just because you own a truck doesn't make it any better than another. Most of the **** said here is just stupid.

Why don't people just act like adults anymore?

Because insulting people with flair and panache, is what legends are made of. BEING smug & superior only counts, if you can express it with linguistic legerdemain! :naughty:

[yt]urdf4g-LXk4[/yt]

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the OP's initial post.....I take away that he is just ranting or blowing off steam....

Nothin wrong with that. But this would have been probably better added in the "lounge" section.

On that note...I've owned all big 3. My f250 (v10) Nvr gave me any major problems, only replaced an idle control valve. F150, sucked. It was an 02' and don't get me started on sparkplug issues. Silverado, no problems. Rams been great so far, only time will tell.

Ramrt1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have owned a Dodge ram 4.7 liter, ram Daytona quad cab, gmc sierra extended cab, now I own a 2012 ram 1500 r/t and love it. I have never owned a ford before and if I did it would have been a lightning or Harley Davidson only because of the superchargers. I have never been out run by an f-150, 5.0, or ecoboost. Nor have I been out run by any chevy. Every manufacture has issues sooner or later, but since 2009 ram has improved dramatically. I'm a mopar man weather it's cars or trucks. Truck of the year two times in a row, that has never been done. I detail vehicles on my spare time and have driven just about every truck on the market, none of them compare to the rams performance, comfort, and aggressive styling. I'm a leader, not a follower. They can drive whatever they want, ram is my choice. If ram decides to make the 6.4 liter urban truck with 470hp/470pdft they are all toast lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
To me it is simple. Ram makes the best engines. They also have the best diesel which we know is not built by them but rather the company that makes the best diesel. Then you throw in reliability of other components and ride. Sprinkle in the best interiors at least since 4th gen came about and they look amazing too. I always try and ask myself what else I would get if I had to and it is very hard for me to imagine owning anything else. I have loved most gens but still find the 4th generation Rams to be the ultimate masterpiece since they came out. I don't care if Chevy and Ford guys like them because even just off looks I like Rams better not even looking at other factors. Great deal here is we can choose and I think I drive the best brand and best value for the money too.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Smiley I coukd have not said it better myself.

I tried to make an informed decsion by test driving other brands but there was no comparison.

Ram win easily where it matters too me.

My ford buddies did get under my skin with the buy back talk, so in fact i used the forum to displace my frustration.

Going on a multi state road trip soon looking forward to doing it my Ram!

john55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Threads like this are why I have so little faith left in humanity.

Just because you own a truck doesn't make it any better than another. Most of the **** said here is just stupid.

Why don't people just act like adults anymore?

I'm in my 50's ... and this has been going on since I was a little kid riding the school bus, all in fun, as long as guys don't take it too serious :)

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I will stick with RAM in the long run no question. I think the RAM brand is a great product

aside from the weight savings of the new ford body. The ONE and ONLY thing that I think ford hit the nail on the head with... ( Standard Duty Snow Plow Capability ). I know that it is ideal to have a 2500 or better when plowing, but realistically I would not need a 2500 all year round just to plow small drive ways a few times a year.

RAM PLEASE LISTEN !!! ???

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will stick with RAM in the long run no question. I think the RAM brand is a great product

aside from the weight savings of the new ford body. The ONE and ONLY thing that I think ford hit the nail on the head with... ( Standard Duty Snow Plow Capability ). I know that it is ideal to have a 2500 or better when plowing, but realistically I would not need a 2500 all year round just to plow small drive ways a few times a year.

RAM PLEASE LISTEN !!! ???

Does the F150? Both my 2011 and 2012 had EPS and a plow was a no-no.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The 2015 F150 is now offered with a plow prep package. you can only get this package with the 5.0L V8, because the plow would effect the cooling of the ecoboost. There is a button on the dash board that you press, and it will redirect electrical power to only primary functions while plowing. Not sure what those functions would be though. The F150 can now handle up to a 450 lbs blade. BOSS has released a set up already for the truck with the blade weighing in at 430 lbs.........

I wish RAM would come up with an answer for this. I think that will be a significant utility game changer in the 1/2 ton class. I hate to say it, but ford deserves some credit here.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not sure why very one praises the Eco boost my friend has one and gets 16-18 mpg average and when my truck was stock I could still beat him in a race and he even said mine rides better

Canadian_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Company vehicle, a Ford, died on the way home yesterday. We pushed it into the ditch, called the towing company, and left the keys in the gas cap lol. Only 65k KMs.

It just felt... right pushing it into the ditch :crazy:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2015 F150 is now offered with a plow prep package. you can only get this package with the 5.0L V8, because the plow would effect the cooling of the ecoboost. There is a button on the dash board that you press, and it will redirect electrical power to only primary functions while plowing. Not sure what those functions would be though. The F150 can now handle up to a 450 lbs blade. BOSS has released a set up already for the truck with the blade weighing in at 430 lbs.........

I wish RAM would come up with an answer for this. I think that will be a significant utility game changer in the 1/2 ton class. I hate to say it, but ford deserves some credit here.

I don't do much snow plowing here in cali... well none, but wouldn't you want a HD truck for plowing for weight ? just curious

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not sure why very one praises the Eco boost my friend has one and gets 16-18 mpg average and when my truck was stock I could still beat him in a race and he even said mine rides better

Because you can swap in e85 and make over 550 ft lbs torque without any mods besides the fuel system and tune.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
R/T Fire,

Yes if you are plowing commercially like big parking lots, or sub-contracted by your local municipality doing streets etc etc... the local guy that does a few 2 car drive ways does not really need a 3/4 ton. im sure some would still argue that but..... im not a true expert on plowing. Just something that I personally want to get into, but can't because RAM does not have a 1/2 ton option.

Sorry for taking this off subject... Shup Up Ford Guys, you go right on ahead to be " Found On Road Dead "... LOL

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Because you can swap in e85 and make over 550 ft lbs torque without any mods besides the fuel system and tune.

Maybe so but I have never seen a station selling e85 but that could be because I'm in newengland

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I buy with cash and don't finance and I'm a blue collar working stiff so I've never had a NEW truck like some but my last 2 trucks were loaded Ford F-150's ..the last being a 2006 Lariat that I loved.But it started to develop the infamous cam phaser tick so I wanted to trade it in before it got worse/louder. Well I'll be honest I wanted another ford..I was looking at Lariats and Platinum's and wanted somewhere around a 2011 or 12 since I didn't want to finance . I wanted to stay clear of the 5.4 triton with the cam phaser issue..and felt the 5.0 was under powered in a truck..That left the 6.2 and the ECO boost. Being an auto tech by profession I looked into the 2 motors.And yeah the V6 ECO boost has some nice numbers but turbos that are integral to the manifolds scare be since the turbos are going to get a workout in a truck and I don't see them being trouble free..and the 6.2..well to be honest I liked it in theory but the fuel mileage sucked and the eco boost blew it away in the 1/4 mile....Then the dealer called me and told be he had a Dodge I might like..a 2011 Loaded Laramie with the 5.7 Hemi. I did a little research and the only weak link I saw was possibly the transmissions, but mainly when used for plowing or a lot of towing..I don't do either. I wasn't crazy about the rear coils as compared to the fords leaf springs and not crazy about some of the chrome plastic..like the wheels and ft grill. But on the test drive it ran smooth and fast ...and was fully loaded which I want in a truck. Bottom line ,it was about 5 grand cheaper than the fords and fell into my budget so I bought it. . . On the way home from the dealer I got pulled over..i asked the cop what'd I do? ...he said 60 in a 30..i explained I just bought it and was maybe paying to much attention to the ride and feel and may have not noticed the speed..(Actually I had the rt rear window down for the dog and was listening to the helicopter type noise coming thru the window thinking it was a tire..but I later found this real common with these trucks) ..after running my license he came back and handed me my papers and smiled..and said "HEMI"...have a nice day and let me go... it was like a friggin TV commercial for hemi .. The Hemi kicks ass...and my ford had a edge tuner but the Hemi is quicker and the milage a bit better. All in all the dodge is a pretty nice truck.I've only had it for 3-4 weeks but other than the fact that you need dealer codes to unlock things (I bought a lockpick) and the spare key and fob was 150 bucks ...but I am growing to like this truck. And I like the stance,its a pretty truck as the wife put it.