Side Mirrors in Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barry hanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In an earlier post I said I would check to see if the setting for the position of the side mirrors in reverse could be changed. If there is a method, I haven't found it in any of the settings screens. In the Mercedes, you can adjust the angle so it fits your seat and perspective position when backing up. It's hard to believe Chrysler doesn't have it given the former Mercedes connection, but I cannot find it. I tried to duplicate the Mercedes protocol in the Ram, but ... nothing.

I have to wonder out loud why we can't as a forum address some of these questions to Chrysler engineering and/or field service for a definitive answer. I see no reason why it wouldn't be in both the corporate and customer's interest to do this and not spend interminable time and posts speculating on what the answer might be.

Perhaps prioritize the top 10 questions each month and have Chrysler respond.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
On my 12 model, u just get on the EVIC, go to system settings, toggle down to "mirror tilt in reverse" and there ya go. Maybe the 13s are different. It should still be there.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I think his truck is a longhorn. It has it im sure.

OP
OP
barry hanna

barry hanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a Longhorn and I know where and how to activate the function. My question is how to readjust the preset angles. The setting now just isn't good for where I sit. There isn't anything in any of the manuals.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
my mirrors tilt in reverse. the original chrome power folding ones, and the tow ones I had installed. the settings somewhere on my radio, 8.4an

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
oh ok. Misunderstood that, my bad. Are you just real tall and cannot see out of where they tilt, or are they not tilting at all? Maybe try to run the mirrors all the way down and then all the way up etc and try it again. Ya know kinda like some power folding mirrors sometimes need to be reset when they are pushed in manually? I think my old Tahoe was that way, if you manually folded them then they had to be electrically actuated a few times before they would work right. May be wrong, it's been a long time since I had that truck. I leave mine off and just adjust them when I need to back up next to a curb etc. Or yours may be broken.....even new trucks can sometimes have issues. Dealer time. Or you could just trade mirrors with me since I dont have power folding mirrors like your 13 model does?......I'll pay shipping...lol

OP
OP
barry hanna

barry hanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I'll ask the dealer when I take it in ... when all else fails.

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
I don't know/think the angle of the tilt can be adjusted..i think it's just a pre-defined setting and that's what we get.