Signal lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirbytol99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
So my truck have this issue where my left rear brake light and turn signal goes out for a day or two then fixes itself then goes back out. It’s out currently been out for around 2 weeks. And I’m not sure if there’s a shirt in the wiring somewhere or what’s going on. Any advice would be appreciated! I’ve replaced the bulb twice and both times nothing was wrong with the bulb at all. So.

fireman0127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6l V6
This happened to me after I replaced the OEM headlights with aftermarket LED units that had a fancy DRL animated light show. The manufacturer or dealer that sold me the headlights told me about the CANBUS system (which I still know very little about), I bought amber turn signal bulbs that had a CANBUS converter attached and it solved my issue. I'm pretty sure that the issue is related to less current draw in the turn signal light circuit. Hope this helps if you have happened to added LED bulbs to your truck before the issue, if not then I would check/clean connections and use a continuity tester to make sure each bulb has continuity between the two exposed wires on each side of bulb (theres two circuits there for the two filaments I believe)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357