Accelerator position signal #2 dropping out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_9055.jpeg

Recently been having an issue where my gas pedal position signal 2 suddenly looses power then gets it right back(graph on right side). Replaced the pedal and still have that issue. Pulled up the data on an oscilloscope and the signal never dropped out. Tried different scanner and still showed the signal dropping. Is there a chance it can be the ecu itself and that’s what it passed the scope test because the wiring is good but the ecu is dropping the signal?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 537202

Recently been having an issue where my gas pedal position signal 2 suddenly looses power then gets it right back(graph on right side). Replaced the pedal and still have that issue. Pulled up the data on an oscilloscope and the signal never dropped out. Tried different scanner and still showed the signal dropping. Is there a chance it can be the ecu itself and that’s what it passed the scope test because the wiring is good but the ecu is dropping the signal?
I fought a throttle pedal issue a few years back,replaced the throttle pedal and throttle body and still had issues with the pedal dropping out,finally found the issue by hooking up a good scan tool and going for a drive,and it would lose signal on bumps,turned out to be a bad pin in the connector at the throttle body,a repair harness from the dealer cured the issue.Not saying it's your issue,but might be something to check,by wiggling the connector at the throttle body