Signing papers tomorrow…2 decisions to make…

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do I spend an extra $2,900 and get the sport appearance package, LED package and upgraded Nav radio?? It bumps my payment $57 total. I’m a cheap guy by nature so I hate spending money. Thoughts? Thanks!

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Do I spend an extra $2,900 and get the sport appearance package, LED package and upgraded Nav radio?? It bumps my payment $57 total. I’m a cheap guy by nature so I hate spending money. Thoughts? Thanks!
Lights and Sport package get my vote, I wouldn't bother with the NAV.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I read up on the 2022 Rams
under the radio in formation, you get Sirius XM for 6 months trial period.
If you don't sign up for Sirius after 6 months is up

It reads that the radio loses something
Hopefully is just Sirius XM

it did not say if that something was AM/FM, Bluetooth, touch controls, or what. ??

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm not cheap but I am frugal. When I was putting together the order for my 2022 Longhorn, I had several choices to make. In my case, I typically keep my vehicles for the duration of the MaxCare service agreement which is 8 years. So I picked and choose what I really wanted and left off what I really didn't find a need for.

RAM Boxes out, multi-functional tailgate in. No sunroof, never use them in the vehicles that had them, no 4-corner air, why. No trailer backup, I don't drive off-road, and I've been backing trailers for 50 years without a dash knob.

In your case, I would not get the sport appearance package, you can see it when driving. Forget the NAV, it really isn't very good. It came in my trim but I use Android Audio and Waze. Definitely get the upgrade exterior lighting.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dump the Nav, like everyone mentioned there are better alternatives. I have it and never use it.
Sport appearance package is going to be a personal preference thing, if you like it get it.

I love the LED lights but there is one huge downside to them. If (when) they burn out you have to replace the entire light assembly and they are ridiculously expensive. You are probably talking $1000+ for a headlight. They "should" last a long time but something to keep in mind, I have seen them fail sooner then you would expect.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport and lights yes , Nav,.... A no for me. I use Android Auto for Nav.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

it did not say if that something was AM/FM, Bluetooth, touch controls, or what. ??
You will only lose Sirius.

OP
OP
A

amm24dmb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You can always renew your Sirius subscription.

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
You can always renew your Sirius subscription.
If you have one Sirius subscription you can get the app on your phone free then plug it in to the ACC jack on any car you use.