Sliding Rear Window Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheapdog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had noticed my rear sliding window was not opening a few weeks ago. Didn't think much of it as it was about 5 degrees F outside. I had tried it thinking it may be not closed all the way because I heard a rattling noise in the area (turned out rattle noise was from ice build-up on SoftTopper hitting back of cab). Motor would try and work, but window was not moving. Figured it was frozen shut and didn't try anymore as I visually could not see it open at all.

Fast forward 2-3 wks and went to get truck washed to get the salt off, and noticed 2 leaks in the top interior of the cab and some water marks on upper interior. Did the research here and determined it was the 3rd brake light seal. Took the brake light off and the seal was in terrible shape and dirt covering the entire interior of the opening. Clean it up as best as I could and replaced the seal. Seems to be keeping water out as we had a lot of rain recently and everything is dry.

My issue is I tried the rear window again now that it is warmer, and there is no movement. I can't hear the motor even trying to open the window. Do you think that water might have gotten to the motor and froze it when I had cold temps, the when it thawed it shorted it out or completely destroyed it? I don't really use the rear slider since I have the SoftTopper, but it would still be nice to have it function as it's supposed to.