slight lean, bilseins and tuf truck coils on warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fisherman Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so just thought i’d share some info on a few thing i did to my new 2019 warlock. i wanted to do a small level/lift on it but came across issues right away with it being a warlock and having this 1” factory lift on it.
seems many 4 wheel shops actually werent too firmiliar with the warlock and what would fit on it. for example, i and they were unsure if getting 2” coil spacers on the front would give me 2” or just 1” due to the 1” factory lift.

well i went with bilsteins set at 2.8 in the front. and that lifted the warlock about 2.5” at the front bumper. NO NEED for new UCA’s. the angle on the upper ball joints are just fine with the bilsteins. so everyone can squash that nonsense when using bilsteins. ( this truck is not for off roading other than fishing and hunting).
upon doing this before and after...i measured my driver side to be about .5” lower than the passanger. wasnt really sure why...it was the same before and after instal of the 5100’s.
this set the truck at damn near level. maybe .5” rake leaning forward. which looked great until i hooked up the boat and loaded the bed full of gear.
anticipating this(my 2nd ram 1500), i orded some beefier coils from tuf truck to help increase my rake a bit by raising the rear and increasing my payload with a set of Tcc-1223VT. these “VT’s” are fairly new. the V stands for variable rate, the T stands for tall.
basically adding these to the warlock gave me an additional 1” lift in the rear and a not so whimpy rear suspension.
so overall at the front bumper she sits 2.5” higher and the rear sit 1” higher giving me 7” above my 34” toyos to top dead centre of my wheel well flares on the front, and 8” on the rear wheel. exactly what i was looking for.
back to the driver side lean.
its still there...still about .5”.
i’ve read a few things...gas tank, motor more on that side ect.
im not overly concerned about it. its only notialbe with a measuring tape. but i have read tons about it. so its certainly a common thing.
another thing to note was when i stood the old coils(not old at all, 5500 km on this truck) side by side, the driver side coil was about 1/2 to 3/4” shorter than the other side. i have seen this before from a dude on u tube swapping coils on his ram. whats up with that?
anyways, i still have the lean after all that too.

i gotta say that after the bilsteins i really noticed no difference in ride quality...just the lift in the front.
but after these tuf truck coils...
i definitely like the way the truck feels now. little more ridged ride empty, a lot less lean when im cornering and no saggy ass end when hauling the boat around with a full bed of gear with a level on the front.

gimmy your thoughts about the driver side lean. hope this was helpful for someone.
cheers.
i’ll send pics tomorrow.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I think as long as I was "in There" why not replace the junk OEM UCA with a better set.
I think the Lean is jsut that, A lean that every single Ram has.
I too have read a ton on it, for about 6 years now and, frankly, really do not care.
Thoguh I do enjoy seeing it drive folks bonkers.
You will get there, too, someday.

Assuming you are Shore FIsherman or Commercial Boat.
Since my 21 ft'er LEANS everytime I am in the boat.
With others or just me.

Though, I do liek your handle.

EDIT:
You can also think of it as your truck kneeling for its Lord and Master.
Now, if only the Wife would learn to do it too.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I had the lean on my 2016. It was super noticeable when I had full fuel and DEF tanks (ecodiesel) I added a 1/2 cheapo jeep wrangler spacer under my drivers rear coil and it alleviated it. My rear coils were even longer for the drivers side and it still had the lean. Annoying to look at but never effects anything. Somewhere in my build I have the spacer I used pictured. I forgot to really compare the stock springs when I removed them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fisherman Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i guess i could have just thrown a new set of tires and wheels on there too since i was in there...or maybe a nice set of high end rotors...you know the cool ones with all the holes!!!
that would be cool right!
then i know i would stop for sure!! right?!

why? just cause im in there?
not into wasting money for nothing. i spend enough on fuel.

OP
OP
F

Fisherman Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the lean on my 2016. It was super noticeable when I had full fuel and DEF tanks (ecodiesel) I added a 1/2 cheapo jeep wrangler spacer under my drivers rear coil and it alleviated it. My rear coils were even longer for the drivers side and it still had the lean. Annoying to look at but never effects anything. Somewhere in my build I have the spacer I used pictured. I forgot to really compare the stock springs when I removed them.

ok good to know. i might put a .5” spacer in there some day. not to worried about. was more curious than anything.
my last ram was a Ecodiesel too. tuned with GDE. that truck was great. 250,000 in 5 years. next to no problems. wish this hemi had the same power. but the price this time around was worth the jump to the gas truck. i want to give the 2nd gen ecodiesel a few years to iron out and issues.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Totally understand. There's a couple options for small spacers. It just bothered me enough I did it.

I have the same, GDE stage 1, pre EPA ********. I commute alot and I love this truck. A little quirky at times but overall it's awesome. I've always wondered how the hemi felt in direct comparison.

I'd like to see some pics of your truck and how it sits. I'm looking to drop down to 34s myself.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Eibach front springs installed on Bilstein 5100s removed most of my lean which was about 3/8" initially and with 5100s and OE springs

Last edited:

MudderRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Although this thread is about Bilsteins, I too have a lean with my new RC 2" struts. The thing I noticed is that it isn't consistent. When I took the picture shown on my profile the front was perfectly leveled at 39" both sides. The back was 39.5" on the rear driver side and the rear passenger side was at 39.75". Not too bad I thought until I measured again after I drove the truck for while. The front measured anywhere from 39 to 39.75" and the back was anywhere from 39.5" to 40.25". I suspect this due to uneven road or garage surface when parked. I decided to just park the truck facing the opposite way and the measurements changed again with the previous lower side now being higher now. I did this inside my garage, parked in the front and on the side of the house and none of the measurements matched the previous ones although very close.

I'm thinking measurements will not be accurate unless you park on a perfectly levelled surface.

OP
OP
F

Fisherman Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yup i think you’re pretty accurate in saying that. i too have noticed various measurments depending on how level the ground might be.

sorry for the delay on the pics as requested above...will post them hopefully tonight. busy as heck last few days.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
yup. i think they are 34” or close to it.
Yea they are pretty much a true 34" tall per their specs. I've been eyeballing that size for a while but couldn't track down any pictures of them on a truck that was leveled up front with a slight lift in the back. They look about the same as my 315s from the side, and have alot less width. Thanks for the pics!

I really am jealous of that warlock/rebel front end.

hardcharger77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
7812c9b15fed3e316854149005aa4395.jpg

If you’re looking for another pic, I’m running 285/75r17 with Bilstein 6112 @2” up front and Icon +1” springs in rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
7812c9b15fed3e316854149005aa4395.jpg

If you’re looking for another pic, I’m running 285/75r17 with Bilstein 6112 @2” up front and Icon +1” springs in rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually have a screenshot of your setup since it sits at just about exactly the same as mine. +2" front/ +1-1.5" rear. After today I'm just about 100% confident I won't notice the minor drop in size. My 315s rub alot at full compression in spots that I can't fix. I was worried the 285s would look small in these monster wheel wells, but that's just not the case. Both your trucks look great.

OP
OP
F

Fisherman Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i do like the look of the 12.5” width tire but i run these tires year round and we get a lot of snow in the winter and the narrower 285 or 11.2” width is a little better in the deeper snow.
plus a little better on fuel.

i’ve had the the 12.5”
width tires before. they look cool but i’ll never buy them again. they just dont do anything for what i need in a tire.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
i do like the look of the 12.5” width tire but i run these tires year round and we get a lot of snow in the winter and the narrower 285 or 11.2” width is a little better in the deeper snow.
plus a little better on fuel.

i’ve had the the 12.5”
width tires before. they look cool but i’ll never buy them again. they just dont do anything for what i need in a tire.
This is 100%. The 315s were horrid in the snow. I swore I wasn't gonna get them again, than I bought my current wheels and tires from a buddy for cheap. So here i am, on the same crap again.

DarrenC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 classic Warlock
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i orded some beefier coils from tuf truck to help increase my rake a bit by raising the rear and increasing my payload with a set of Tcc-1223VT. these “VT’s” are fairly new. the V stands for variable rate, the T stands for tall.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am finding very little info about the 1223VTs on a Warlock. Tufftruk says they do no fit a 2021 Warlock, but here we see you have them on a 2020 Warlock. Did you have to do anything to make them go on? Thanks for any info.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357