Slowest-selling vehicle in America is the Dodge Ram 2500 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMG_2042.jpeg

Zach Shefska from online automotive marketplace CarEdge revealed a list of the five slowest-selling vehicles currently on the market. Notably, four of these vehicles are from Stellantis' Dodge brand and one from Ford. This trend might be due to several factors, such as consumers balking at 10% interest rates and near-record-high prices or a possible shift in consumer preferences away from some of these models.

According to Shefska, the slowest-selling vehicle in America is the Dodge Ram 2500 truck, with 784 days of supply.

#1 RAM 2500
784 days supply
$69,408 average listing price
1,602 actively listed for sale
92 have sold in the last 45 days
The 2500 was impacted by a stop-sale in December*

#2 Dodge Hornet
#3 Dodge Charger
#4 Dodge Challenger
#5 Ford Mustang Mach-E

Last edited by a moderator:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe all truck sales, depends on WHERE the dealerships are

I live in Southern California & i bet that more trucks are sold north of Los Angeles , then south of there.
States like Arizona, New Mexico & Texas, likely sell less trucks then States north of those States.

All because of RUST.

A vehicle in Connecticut that is 10 years old, becomes the Winter Vehicle, or the vehicle that makes Dump runs.

In South Western States, there is hardly any deep rust & if the vehicle had regular maintenance, it is still being used as a daily driver.
You would see that close to half of the Rams on the road here are Gen 3 Rams.

As far as Trailer Hitches go ..
In the City of San Diego, you can be ticketed if you have a Hitch in the Hitch Receiver.
In my town, 20 miles inland, no one thinks anything about hitches, my town is actually the last town on the Interstate, before the Hill country & after that, the Desert

Bravo619

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 gas
When everything is EV i will no longer drive a vehicle. Sad but true.

leftchevybehind

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
along that line, I recently priced a '24 ram 2500 laramie 6.7 vs a '24 chevy silverado ltz with as near the same stuff as they have and the msrp's were very close but the chevy dealers only had a 500$ discount while the ramdealer had almost 12000$ off. was thinking I might upgrade two years but finance rates are still no good.
I might keep my 1500 low miles (maybe less than 5000) and trade up for a 2500 Laramie or 3500 Laramie - IF rates come down, might just keep the truck stock for another two years (I bought a loaded 2023 less than a few weeks ago lol)

thomas0225

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The quality of the entire line must improve. RAM is cream of the corp. crop and they still have not addressed the manifold problem, nor the tick. Perhaps the Hurricane engine is well sorted. The cars are not up to industry standards. Ask any good mechanic and they will tell you.
or their Parts shortage. Ram owners (with less than 5000 miles) waiting 14 months for an ABS module does not help either.