Small Dent In My Ram 3500 Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Good day. Somehow, I got an unsightly dent in the rear bumper of my still new-to-me 2019 Ram Dually and I'd like to know if anything can be done about it, short of replacing it. There is only 17K on the rig and the rest of it is still flawless, so this one dent is a thorn in my side. I do know that small dents and dings can be suctioned out of body panels but I wasn't sure about a chrome bumper. Gosh, the steel in these bumpers today is pretty flimsy. Anyone here have any ideas what can I do? Thanks so very much!

DSCF7110.JPGDSCF7112.JPG

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are there any paint-less dent repair shops in your area? Have them take a look at it to see if it's something they can correct. They can work wonders with door dings but the bumper metal may be too thick for them. It's worth a try though

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think it's going to be tough fixing that because of the chrome and being so thick. I'd bet it will crack if you try to get that out. Bumper dents usually require replacement.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
You could take the bumper off and using a suitable sized drift or block you could maybe get a lot of the dent out. I did that on one of mine but you will always see it. Improvement maybe, complete invisibility unlikely. If you rest the bumper on a hard wood block you won’t crack the chrome.
I also took a press to quite a badly dented bumper and that looked good. But who has a press handy????

Good luck

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Modern bumpers are not that heavy gauge you would expect. I have taken dents out of bumpers with a block of wood and a hammer. Bulldog is right. You may have to remove the bumper to get at the dent.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on removing the bumper and using a block of wood to work the dent out. My daughter backed into a tree with my 2018 1500. I took the bumper off and used a block of wood and a hammer to smooth out the dent. The bumper is very light duty and not like the bumpers of 20 years ago. The dent came out pretty easy. It’s not perfect but unless you’re looking for a flaw it’s no longer noticeable. The chrome did not crack or flake.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I had a dent in my rear bumper. I took a 2ft extension and tapped, not hammered, it almost perfect. I couldn't get the right angle of the dangle with it still mounted. I was supposed to take it off last spring to finish it off. It's not thick and not thin, but easily worked if not on the truck.