Smears on Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MO_CPA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Took delivery last week of a 2018 Ram Big Horn. Noticed after delivery that there are smears on the instrument cluster. I thought...simple enough, I will just clean with Windex. Good idea...but it didn't work. I do not know if this is left over adhesive (although, it's not sticky) from packing tape or if it is on the inside. I fear that if I take it in to the dealership...they will cause more trouble fixing it than a little annoyance. What are your thoughts?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Most household cleaners are not well suited for clear plastic lens cleaning. I would either find a plastic lens cleaner and soft cloth and see if that works or just take it to the dealership and let them figure it out. Either they will get it clean or they can actually warranty and get you in just a new instrument cluster lens and not the whole cluster.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Most likely what ever you use to remove the stuff on there will also end up scratching the plastic lens. I would take it to the dealer and tell them to order you a new gauge cluster lens. There around $90.00 retail and only take about 10min to install.

lens.jpg