2018 instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clspokely

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. I’m re posting a problem I had about 2 years ago. The instrument cluster comes on briefly every 30-40 seconds with the truck off in the driveway. Keys are in the house. It started doing this again a few weeks ago. It was normal for 2 years but here we go again. Anyone have a similar issue? I’ve disconnected the battery and put the leads together to reset but it has done nothing. I’m hoping to have some ideas before I take it to the dealer.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
It may be attempting to update or talk to the mothership. Are you a U-connect subscriber, just curious?
If I request through Uconnect on my phone for truck Location, I can observe the cluster come on momentarily.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Do you drive it often enough or long enough for it to update? Out of the blue mine did it while I had it running. I waited before shutting off. That's why I asked because maybe it's attempting a download or update OTA. (Over the Air)