Soft code B1751

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have this soft code store in their truck? Depending on the scan tool it comes up different. With obd mx it’s listed as a B1751-11 which is a courtesy light short, Auto Agent it’s just B1751 park/neutral switch short to ground.

Would like to find what causes this and get it resolved. It never throws a cEL, just stays soft. Clear it and it comes back after a few key cycles.

My truck is a 2016 CTD 2500 CCSB with the following mods…

2018 8.4 w carplay
Single zone auto climate control
Power folding tow mirrors
clearance lights on mirrors on with lights
Garage door upper controls
LED rear factory taillights
Alpharex headlights with factory front end harness
LED brights
HID lows
AEV front bumper
Vision x light cannons for foglights
Vision x light bar
Noco battery tender
Factory block heater
Front camera using cargo camera

I only know of one other person to have this issue, but since it’s a soft code I’m sure there are more.

TIA

Jonathangarcia45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having the same issue now check engine light turned on I scanned it.this was the code it gave me so not sure what to do to fix it

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Some dealership pre-install GPS devises piggyback to the OBD connector for financial obligations and it maybe what’s triggering the code occasionally through its use of as a power source.

Jonathangarcia45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some dealership pre-install GPS devises piggyback to the OBD connector for financial obligations and it maybe what’s triggering the code occasionally through its use of as a power source.
Funny you say that man matter fact there is a tracker the I had just found on under the driver side dash this might be what’s causing it