Software update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Santo Tomasine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got a software update notification today. Have no idea what’s new or updated. Anyone else?

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Yes, I got the Uconnect over the air notification today. Also got a notification it failed. Now my screen won't save my nav / media on start up. I have to select what I want everytime I start the truck. Figuring on calling my dealer tomorrow to see what's up.

OP
OP
S

Santo Tomasine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yikes. Sorry that happened. Mine seems like it worked and went through fine. Any idea where we can find out what this update was for?

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Well, to finish my experience. I hopped in the truck and pulled it out of the garage earlier. The screen was back to normal. So I called Uconnect to see what's up with the update failing. The CS person said they can't send the update and I'd just have to wait for it to show again. No big deal, as I wasn't having issues with what I was using on it.

Hopped back in the truck and drove back in the garage. Surprise, surprise.... I got a notification the update was successful or complete. Tapped "what's new" and it just indicated improvements made...... Anyway, it is done. No idea what's improved.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yes, I got the Uconnect over the air notification today. Also got a notification it failed. Now my screen won't save my nav / media on start up. I have to select what I want everytime I start the truck. Figuring on calling my dealer tomorrow to see what's up.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just checked to see if I'm running the latest version and nope. I've got 18.45.01 loaded up on a flash drive and just waiting to get a few minutes after work to install.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Since I replaced my 5" radio with an 8" I suppose I won't receive any updates will I

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I replaced my 5" radio with an 8" I suppose I won't receive any updates will I

No, you will need to update your radio yourself which is easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I had to head to a place in Auburn Hills I'd never been to this morning. So, I decided to try the voice destination location and routing. Worked perfectly. Also, while doing my errand, I saw a favorite song pop up (still hard to notice) and it brought up the media screen. That's new. It would show a blank screen before the update.

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No, you will need to update your radio yourself which is easy to do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
How would I go about doin that?

Paul p Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
My software issue doesn't have anything to do with the radio. My 2019 RAM 3500 Diesel got an engine light at about 20K miles (P0299 Under boost). Also has had a slight surge since it was new. Dodge had flashed my truck with an update a couple weeks before. Brought it in and was told the engine light, and the surge are due to a software issue and Chrysler is working to resolve it. They can't clear the engine light which keeps the auto start from working. Hope they have a fix before winter hits Fairbanks Alaska. Anyone else having this issue?

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Just got a software update notification today. Have no idea what’s new or updated. Anyone else?

Wasn't a notification sent out, got my via snail mail. Something about camera display switching improvements.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat