Some new issues i wanted to run by you guys to see if anyone had any insights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troublewalksin97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 magnum
I have a 98 Ram 1500 used to run really well I had to put a new transmission in it because it's the automatic and so I put it in truck ran very good for quite a while and still does running real well when I'm driving it but it's recently picked up an issue where when I put 1 ft on the brake and one on the gas and push the gas basically trying to put a load against the truck or whatever it starts to like buck and Soma sounds like misfire it also does this in four-wheel drive pretty much they give you were trying to go up a hill or something and you stomp on the gas it starts to hesitate and buck like I don't know what is missing or something I'm not sure is anybody have any idea if that's a sensor or if I've got some other kind of problem going wrong any kind of idea on where to start to look for the culprit of this will be appreciated thank you

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 98 Ram 1500 used to run really well I had to put a new transmission in it because it's the automatic and so I put it in truck ran very good for quite a while and still does running real well when I'm driving it but it's recently picked up an issue where when I put 1 ft on the brake and one on the gas and push the gas basically trying to put a load against the truck or whatever it starts to like buck and Soma sounds like misfire it also does this in four-wheel drive pretty much they give you were trying to go up a hill or something and you stomp on the gas it starts to hesitate and buck like I don't know what is missing or something I'm not sure is anybody have any idea if that's a sensor or if I've got some other kind of problem going wrong any kind of idea on where to start to look for the culprit of this will be appreciated thank you

Huh?

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
So the motor wants to stall and you have to feather the gas and brake at lower RPM'S ?
I think I understand your problem.......don't have an answer.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Timing chain may be streched ? See how much play is in it.