Soon to be a ram guy..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWesley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Ram people - I’m new here and don’t own my truck yet. I’ve been looking for a 1500 2013 and up.
I found a 1500 with 130k miles / hemi 5.7 4x4.

This will be my first Ram and first truck.

When I’m test driving the truck what should I pay attention to that show me potential major repair issues specifically for the 2013/2014 5.7 hemi?
What are the things you look at when buying a 5-9 year old truck?

Thanks!! I love the other car/motorcycle forums I’m in and this looks like a good one too!

Last edited:

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:biggun: :party36: :welcome: :party36: Check all the fluids, general look over for leaks and recent repairs. Make sure everything on the truck works, and no warning lights are on with key in the on position.

2 (2).JPG

OP
OP
T

TheWesley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i ended up with a 2013 1500 SLT 5.7l crew cab. Whoop whoop. I wanted the 2017 but prices are a little out of reach with inflation and chip shortages. At least I managed to find one in super good condition. Though it did have some cigarette smell in it and they tried to cover it with chemical cleaner. Smelled horrible. I used an ozone generator in it for 3 hours and now it smells brand new again. Amazing little device :)

OP
OP
T

TheWesley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I couldn’t be happier with how it rides - except for a little shake around 60mph. I think the tires are a little out of balance or shape. I already love my Ram.