Sounds after trans solenoid replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Ram150057

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So the truck (2004 Ram 1500 w/5.7L 545rfe trans) started throwing P0700 and P2706 codes, both are related to the solenoid I believe, so I replaced it, and I am now experiencing some weird noises and other issues. No codes yet, but after replacing the solenoid, trans filters, and replacing trans fluid with fresh fluid, the truck starts to make some shaking/vibration sounds coming from the front, seems to me like from the transmission or torque converter. They get louder upon shifting into Drive, but seem to get quieter if put into neutral, reverse, or park, and they only happen on maybe 1 out of every 4 startups. They don't occur once above 5 mph. Also, it just feels like there's more resistance when starting off now, after shifting into drive it feels like I have to push the pedal much farther to get it to start off, but R feels the same as before. Shifts while driving feel good but occasionally there will be some jerkiness from a start at a stoplight or when letting off the gas in one of the OD gears. I got the manufacturer to send a replacement solenoid, but this other one is giving the same issues, albeit slightly less frequently. Do you think my trans is starting to go and the solenoid was just the first sign? I just thought it was odd that all the issues only happened after putting a new solenoid in. Fluid and filters were changed 25k miles ago also fyi, as well as with this recent solenoid work. Any ideas? Thank you everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357