speaker advice please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anything is going to sound better than the factory speakers. Just depends on how much better you want it to sound and how much you want to spend. Those you found will be much better than the factory speakers.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The best thing to do for choosing speakers is go to a place like best buy that has speakers on display and listen to them and see what you like

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
agree with Butch 100%...everyone has different taste, might as well let your ears decide. :)

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys, I am going with these.
Pioneer TS-G1644R 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers — for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com
I saw this when I added it to the cart.

The factory speakers in this location only produce bass. To get full-range sound from your new speakers, you'll need to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket stereo AND bypass the factory amp.

I already have a after market radio in the truck, so do you think the factory amp is bypassed? And why would the factory amp need to be bypassed anyway?
Thanks

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly man if you go to best buy for a little bit extra they can set everything up and you can get a four year warranty (I forgot for how much) but its a hell of a deal, the guy working with me told me at the end of four years i could blow the speakers purposely and theyd hook me up with brand new ones. I did this in my old jeep, replaced the whole system and never had a problem

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have alpine 6x9 in my front and 6.5s in the back, i love em. You should check those out too, what kinda music you listen too?

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heard that man, but yeah check em out i recommend them. Ive heard good things about pioneer too, with what you got so far Id say you cant go wrong

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
oh, do I need to bypass the factory amp? Or is it already bypassed since I have a aftermarket hu?

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly im not too sure, someone else may know that specifically. But what i do know is when i was buying my speakers they told me I would not get the full potential of my speakers without and aftermarket HU, so I'm assuming thats what you HU will do with the new speakers. Not 100% though, someone else should chime in

OP
OP
T

tservice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I should state that I do not have the infinity system. IDK if that makes a difference or not.