Spitting back through throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an ‘01 5.9 at work with approximately 230,000 miles on it.
When you start drinking down the road the truck starts losing power and spitting back through the throttle body unless you floor it momentarily. Once you floor it momentarily it will run fine until the next time you turn it off for about an hour or more and then it will act up again.
I’ve replaced the PCM because it did have a code appearing about that and also replaced the fuel pump which went out just before I changed the PCM.
It doesn’t turn the check engine light on when it acts up like this and the light does work.
What could be my problem?

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know in the second sentence it reads “drinking down the road “. That should read driving but I can’t find a way to change that.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Your timing might be off or something with the cylinders ... compression check them .... I know a buddy who had a 5.9 and it was spitting back like you are explaining ... for him the cam crapped out and timing was way off ....