Spohn Rear Adjustable Control Arms Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the red adjustable control arms only because I thought that was the only option. I haven't installed them thank goodness because I would have been pissed only to discover the clunk clunk from pu bushings. Thanks again for letting everyone know about the delrin bushings!

Cool. I am really glad you didn't put them in with the p/u bushings... Get the delrins and slap those babies in! Don't use any grease at all on them, they are self lubricating.

The red looks VERY nice, I was just concerned about too much red on my truck, because I have alot already.

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
David, stick with the aluminum, the only reason to pay the extra for a CF shaft is to reduce weight over the steel shaft while keeping within diameter constraints. Since we have LOTS of room under the trucks we aren't limited by space restrictions like the cars. Aluminum shafts are lighter than CF shafts but they're typically larger diameter than the steel ones.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David, stick with the aluminum, the only reason to pay the extra for a CF shaft is to reduce weight over the steel shaft while keeping within diameter constraints. Since we have LOTS of room under the trucks we aren't limited by space restrictions like the cars. Aluminum shafts are lighter than CF shafts but they're typically larger diameter than the steel ones.

Thanks, that is a great point. I guess the CF was just tickling my fantasy from a fashion stand point, rather than technical and practical. :roflsquared:

The aluminum is what I will be going with, when I do it. :)

Last edited:

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I still get a little creaking with mine but it's nothing compared to what I was getting with the urethane bushings before.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I've greased them now and it's not as bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've greased them now and it's not as bad

Hhmmmm... I put mine in dry as a bone and even cleaned off every bit of grease from the frame.
Delrin is supposed to be self lubricating, from what I have heard and read. Am I mistaken?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hhmmmm... I put mine in dry as a bone and even cleaned off every bit of grease from the frame.

Delrin is supposed to be self lubricating, from what I have heard and read. Am I mistaken?

That's correct, like viton and some nylons it is a self lubricating material but there are always exceptions to this where additional lubricant is required.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's correct, like viton and some nylons it is a self lubricating material but there are always exceptions to this where additional lubricant is required.

Cool. I guess time will tell if they'll need some grease in the future, for now they are nice and tight, with no noise whatsoever.

Ofcourse, my truck does not see conditions and elements anywhere near what other trucks do... The worst it gets is a little rain maybe 10 times a year and between 50-80 degrees. :baby:

_sergioag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6
Lol! I won't tell if you won't tell! ;)

They cost more than the Belltech lowering kit. :( But definitely worth it.

$285 upper adj
$295 lower adj
$64 for upgraded Delrin bushings

do you have to get both upper and lower?
im new to the whole suspension but after reading your post the advantages you had after going with this set up seems great!!

AceBlackRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
David! Hi, im about to order spohn control arms for the rear.. since i lifted my truck the back shakes very little with acceleration..

can't decide on the colour :)

KEVERY12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just wanted to Let y'all know, i placed order through Spohn today ... apparently they don't bother putting in half del-sphere half delrin anymore they're all Delrin or atleast according to the fella i ordered from today . if they show up wrong i'll be calling back and requesting Delrins Bushings be sent out for free, lol. Here's their specific part # SYZ-DEL-61016

KEVERY12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dude totally Bs'd me , they showed up all Del-sphere.
SMH

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Delrin

I just read this post and called Spohn. Dan sold me the stiffer Delrin bushings at the pu price. Thanks, Dan!!! I have been having issues with these for some time and even posted on the "other" forum with no replies.

bluesport2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys i am also looking at this kit my truck is lowered 2 front 3 rear am i able to only get the lower adjustable ones and not have to worry about the others? mainly a money thing right now with the exchange rate sucking.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys i am also looking at this kit my truck is lowered 2 front 3 rear am i able to only get the lower adjustable ones and not have to worry about the others? mainly a money thing right now with the exchange rate sucking.

What are you trying to accomplish with just the lower control arms??

In a nut shell, the upper and lower sorta work together - recenter the axle after lowering and then correct the pinion angle. If you move the axle around with the lower arms only, you are gonna throw your pinion angle off.

Last edited:

Brady18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you trying to accomplish with just the lower control arms??

In a nut shell, the upper and lower sorta work together - recenter the axle after lowering and then correct the pinion angle. If you move the axle around with the lower arms only, you are gonna throw your pinion angle off.

Is the theory the same as for re-centering the axle after lifting?