Spohn Rear Adjustable Control Arms Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03lowram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7(Hemi)
Awesome feed back. I'm about to order everything for my crew cab. Plan on ordering the belltech 2/4 then cutting to a 3/5 drop. Also adding upper and lower control arms, hellwig front and rear sway bars. Street Performance shocks in the front and QA1's for the rear.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome feed back. I'm about to order everything for my crew cab. Plan on ordering the belltech 2/4 then cutting to a 3/5 drop. Also adding upper and lower control arms, hellwig front and rear sway bars. Street Performance shocks in the front and QA1's for the rear.

Wow, you are gonna love it! Exactly what I did except for the rear QA1s, and I haven't cut the springs (yet). :)

Attachments

• Lowering Kit List.JPG
    Lowering Kit List.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 524

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, you are gonna love it! Exactly what I did except for the rear QA1s, and I haven't cut the springs (yet). :)

I have been looking at a setup like you've got here. I don't know if hellwig makes a frunt sway for 2014. It's hard getting part numbers for 2014 on a lot of things so far. I'm going to have start calling cause they take forever to update the sites with new applications. I've lowered plenty of cars in my day but never a truck. Any other advice I hear people talking about air bags...I assume those are different from the ones I used to slam my challenger?? Kinda like extra support for the spring?

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't mind spending the money to do it right the first time...just want it done right the first time lol!

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moe's is showing the Hellwig front IS for the 2014 as well:
Hellwig Front Swaybar 09-14 Ram 1500 2WD

I am clueless on the airbag issue, though I am interested in possibly doing that as well... anyone with airbag knowledge???

"Any advice would be appreciated. I don't mind spending the money to do it right the first time...just want it done right the first time lol!" I like how you think!

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I haven't look at moes yet, guess that would be a good place to start. I usually look at the company sites and forums gather info and part numbers het everything I need in one list and order it all at one time.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh I haven't look at moes yet, guess that would be a good place to start. I usually look at the company sites and forums gather info and part numbers het everything I need in one list and order it all at one time.

I ordered both Hellwigs and the Belltech kit from Moe's (plus most of my other mods). Moe's doesn't deal with Spohn, so you'd have to go directly to them.

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the difference between belltech's nitro and street performance shocks?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I can't stand the street performer shocks on mine anymore, just too soft for my quad cab.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't stand the street performer shocks on mine anymore, just too soft for my quad cab.

How long have you had them?? Do they soften up much over time??

I am still getting used to how firm my set-up is. It is almost uncomfortably firm, but in a good way. :)

Are you thinking of QA1s?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey DavidRam did you find the GF shocks a tad soft? Oh I was going to also ask how long are the endlinks on your rear swaybar?

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My impression was that the GF shocks worked well with the stock front ones, so I was happy with them. It still felt pretty stock to me, but with a lower tighter rear end.
I will have to measure the endlinks, not sure of their length... I will get back with that info this afternoon.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I haven't noticed any difference over time, but there was some underdamping with the old coils but once I did the air bags it was VERY apparent as the truck has basically been porposing down the road, which is why I'm going back to coils. I just want to get the coils in place then start measuring shock length once they've settled.

I'm currently comparing the QA1s with the ProComp X6, they're both adjustable shocks but the procomp has 2 different valving options, soft & medium, where the QA1s are a single valving option but have a larger adjustment range.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My impression was that the GF shocks worked well with the stock front ones, so I was happy with them. It still felt pretty stock to me, but with a lower tighter rear end.
I will have to measure the endlinks, not sure of their length... I will get back with that info this afternoon.

Thanks man, I've just been getting an odd wobble over high speed bumps and I really think my end links are way to long for a drop.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I haven't noticed any difference over time, but there was some underdamping with the old coils but once I did the air bags it was VERY apparent as the truck has basically been porposing down the road, which is why I'm going back to coils. I just want to get the coils in place then start measuring shock length once they've settled.

I'm currently comparing the QA1s with the ProComp X6, they're both adjustable shocks but the procomp has 2 different valving options, soft & medium, where the QA1s are a single valving option but have a larger adjustment range.

They also have the QA!'s in double adjustable. i wanted to change mine but i would rather spend the 600$+ elsewhere.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hey man, EVERYDAY I learn something valuable from you! Thanks!

My sister lives outside Calgary. Next time I visit her, maybe we can hang out and truck-talk for a couple hours...

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Hey man, EVERYDAY I learn something valuable from you! Thanks!

My sister lives outside Calgary. Next time I visit her, maybe we can hang out and truck-talk for a couple hours...

If I'm in town then I'm always up for a stop at a Tim's to talk about trucks.